AppleCare?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
Well, for AT&T phones, I think it is something like $4.99 a month, but that is just insurance. I think that we will know sometime later this week when all the data/voice plans are announced.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
ya normaly for phones that cost this much ATT wont let you insure them, but i hope Apple lets us get Apple care!
AppleCAre and insurance are two different things. AppleCare is just an extended warranty that covers any problems you might have with the phone. It's not insurance that will help you if the phone goes for a swim in the pool. Insurance on the other hand would take care of any problem. Unfortunately, I don't think At&t will offer their phone insurance just yet.They didn't offer it on the RAZR when it was first introduced because it was a $500 phone.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Isn't it true that ATT/Cingular doesn't offer insurance on any of their high-dollar smart phones? If so, why would it be any different for the iPhone?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
You actually get a year free of Apple Care and can buy the real extended plan any time during that year. You don't have to do it at purchase time. I reckon it will be around the $80 dollar mark. Will be worth every penny as well.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
AppleCAre and insurance are two different things. AppleCare is just an extended warranty that covers any problems you might have with the phone. It's not insurance that will help you if the phone goes for a swim in the pool. Insurance on the other hand would take care of any problem. Unfortunately, I don't think At&t will offer their phone insurance just yet.They didn't offer it on the RAZR when it was first introduced because it was a $500 phone.
ug i remember that, i got the razr right when it came out...what an overpriced pos. anyway Applecare still fixs things that are you fault, like if your dropped your macbook or something like that