Applecare

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
it will be available in about a month according to the guy at the Apple store I talked to last night. I will be getting it even though I'll prob get an iPhone 2 just for peace of mind. But it won't cover any accidentals though, which is kind of weak.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
it will be available in about a month according to the guy at the Apple store I talked to last night. I will be getting it even though I'll prob get an iPhone 2 just for peace of mind. But it won't cover any accidentals though, which is kind of weak.

Almost makes it kinda pointless, unless we have written on paper somewhere that iPhone 2 won't be out for another 3 years.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
hen was on thephone with support when my phone wouldn't actvate he asked me if I wanted AppleCare and I declined at the time but if u call Apple u can get it

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Almost makes it kinda pointless, unless we have written on paper somewhere that iPhone 2 won't be out for another 3 years.
What if your current iPhone craps out on day 366 and the iPhone2 doesn't come out for another 6 months or a year after that? Then it makes sense, unless you can go without a phone for many, many months.

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Hello,

You can purchase the Applecare anytime before the one year warranty expires to get an extra year of warranty service so it might be wise to just wait and get it just before the one year warranty expires, not sooner than that.

-Bohs

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
You can buy it online through Apple....whenever it comes out.

However, if you want to save money, order it from http://www.lacomputercompany.com when it comes out. They have great prices and their customer service kicks major ass.

When my old Powermac G5 was 2 days away from running out of warranty I called these guys. I gave them my CC number over the phone and instead of charging me a ton of money for FedEx overnight shipping, they just opened the box in their office, read me the registration number, I entered in on Apple's website, and I was done. I've purchased all my Applecare plans from these folks....for the Powermac G5, my old iBook, and my old MacBook. I'll be buying my MacBook Pro and iPhone Applecare from the same site. I couldn't be any happier with them :)

Old school Apple folks will back me up on this one.

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Hey thanks for the link...

Now I can get AppleCare for my Mac Pro and use the $70 I save to pay for the iPhone AppleCare!

Hrm, though I forget the rules for AppleCare... can you buy it from a place in LA, and still use your local Apple store for service, or do you have to return it to the place you bought the AppleCare?

Anyone else know of other places to get cheaper AppleCare?

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Straight from the Apple website...

AppleCare Protection Plan
For $69, the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone provides an additional year of hardware repair coverage, including coverage for the iPhone battery.
The AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone will be available in July. Customers can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan anytime during the iPhone one-year limited warranty.

(I know everyone has probably known about this, but I'm just putting it up so all the info is right here).

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Hey thanks for the link...

Now I can get AppleCare for my Mac Pro and use the $70 I save to pay for the iPhone AppleCare!

Hrm, though I forget the rules for AppleCare... can you buy it from a place in LA, and still use your local Apple store for service, or do you have to return it to the place you bought the AppleCare?

Anyone else know of other places to get cheaper AppleCare?
Once you have Applecare, you can use it anywhere in the world.

That's by far the cheapest place I know of and I've bought a lot of Applecare packages in my day :)

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Straight from the Apple website...

AppleCare Protection Plan
For $69, the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone provides an additional year of hardware repair coverage, including coverage for the iPhone battery.
The AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone will be available in July. Customers can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan anytime during the iPhone one-year limited warranty.

(I know everyone has probably known about this, but I'm just putting it up so all the info is right here).
Aw damn, I was hoping it would be two years like Apple computers and monitors.:(