Apple's future memory upgrades

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple iAddicted, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

The logical next step is 128GB of course or adding expandable memory, but how big a memory chip can they put in an iPhone? They have 32GB micro sd cards so could they reach a full 1TB in our lifetime? And could a person fill that memory in a 2 year contract period?
    Things to ponder what's your thoughts

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
    Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

2. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

Yeah nothing is impossible, my brother just bought a new laptop and it has fingerprint security, only his fingerprint gets past the login screen. Now that would be great for iPhone security lol

Tad off topic but it's my post lol

Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

3. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Seen fingerprint security on phones, not a fan. Kind of like the face unlock, quick run to the lamppost, it's late, I'm not familiar with this neighborhood and i need GPS info.

Agree with your sentiment on the uSD port though. Course Apple would never walk from the huge margins they make on the RAM upgrades. Plus isn't there a pecking order that needs to be preserved, iDevices outshine non-iDevices and in the family, the guy with the bigger RAM knows he's further up the ladder ;)

Sent from Tapatalk

4. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

I knew they had hand and fingerprint security for vaults, but this is the first time I saw it on a computer....what cell phone has it, and where they put the scanner/reader pad. Only bad thing bout this is now I can't grab his laptop when I go to my parents house. Usually use his laptop til he gets off work cause he keeps faster better computers than me for his gaming, and the fact he has the same password for everything since high school makes it easy to get into lol

5. itsalexaye

itsalexaye Member
    Bronze

I really hope the next iPhone does have a 128GB capacity.