Apple's iDisk App Finally Released

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i never really used iDisk... maybe if you could stream music or video from it, i would...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Works. I just streamed some video I had stored on there. Not bad.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
cool. on 3G?

i'll have to remember that on my next trip.

Divyesh

Jul 28, 2009
Digital point forum
I’m getting sick of APPS. Enougn with the iPhone, going back to a simpler phone that is JUST a phone. This is a craze that people will get tired of shortly, when they realize how much it’s costing them!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just downloaded iDisk. Very nice app! Deleting Air Sharing now.

Cizah

Jul 20, 2009
Ukraine
Yes it's nice, but imo no need to delete ReaddleDocs (OneDisk) or AirShairing, because they contribute much more to the productivity of an app.
Paid apps are still better.

Jun 19, 2009
yeah iDisk works pretty well! I store a bunch of stuff one it

Jul 22, 2009
Never use this apps. Could you tell me in more details so that I can understand what you are actually talking about and also is the app is useful to me or not. Thanks in advance.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Never use this apps. Could you tell me in more details so that I can understand what you are actually talking about and also is the app is useful to me or not. Thanks in advance.

In basic terms: It turns your iPhone into a wireless Hard Drive for storing information on. You could send pictures/video's media that the iPhone can't view due to format.

I have used these apps in the past when i've not had a USB data stick with me.

Are you on windows or Mac..

For example if your on a Mac then make sure your connected to wifi on both your laptop/desktop and iPhone. Then press the Apple button and 'k' and you get a pop up window. Type in the correct details and your away. It really is quick and easy.

To the OP- good find, i'm downloading it now, i'll see how I get on with it.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
And it only works if you have a MobileMe subscription.

Marty Mar

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Cortland Ohio
wow, the a/v streaming is awesome. i don't think it works over 3g though. it started quicktime, but after a minute of "Loading movie..." it just stopped and you get the "this movie could not be played" pop up.

i'll definitely going to be syncing less video onto my iPhone.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
wow, the a/v streaming is awesome. i don't think it works over 3g though. it started quicktime, but after a minute of "Loading movie..." it just stopped and you get the "this movie could not be played" pop up.

i'll definitely going to be syncing less video onto my iPhone.
Odd. Try it again. It worked for me over 3G.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
technically, you can. just attached the sharable link. :)
"technically" it's not the same as attaching an actual file. This is "technically" a "workaround".

But I see your point. But that scenario doesn't work in s professional environment.