Apple's iPhone Warranty Needs Improvement!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aziphone

Jul 5, 2007
I have an iPhone, love it, and have not had any major problems with it to date. However, I have a friend who did have a problem with his today. His earpiece speaker stopped working so he took it to an Apple store for a replacement. This is what he was told, and I call Apple support personally to verify. If you have the iPhone for 14 days or less Apple will replace it, no questions asked. If you have it longer than 14 days, but within the warranty period, your must send it into Apple for repair and if you do not want to be without a phone while it is being repaired, Apple will rent you a loaner phone for $29. How many can go without their phone even one day, so you are almost forced into renting the loaner phone.

Does this seem reasonable? I have never experienced this with any other phone manufacture. In fact, other phone manufactures, replace phones at the wireless company's store, and if they do not, will send you a replacement phone and upon receipt of the replacement phone, you send back the defective phone at their cost.

I think Apple needs to re-think this policy as from the consumers point of view it does not stand up to the competition.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yep. there should be an extended warrantee you can buy to ensure you have a perfect iPhone for the upcoming 2 years. lol
i mean, not just for broken iPhone, but for dents, scatches and all that stuffs.
i would pay more if it will replace my iPhone for a new one whenever i want:p

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
yep. there should be an extended warrantee you can buy to ensure you have a perfect iPhone for the upcoming 2 years. lol
i mean, not just for broken iPhone, but for dents, scatches and all that stuffs.
i would pay more if it will replace my iPhone for a new one whenever i want:p
I think they should replace your iPhone with in the 1 year but I think you are going overboard if you want them to give you a new iPhone each time you scratch it up.

I thought they only needed to send it in if the battery needed to be replaced not for other items that need repair.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i know.. but i cant imagine my iPhone getting dropped or scratched. :(
lol. im a lil anal when it come to that

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
That's ridiculous. A 14 day warranty period?! It's an expensive phone, which should allow people to buy an extended warranty.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I think you were misinformed. Perhaps the person at thr store thought you wanted to exchange it or something. The geniuses at the Apple store are there to fix stuff or get it replaced. I sent mine in to get repaired because I didn't feel like dealing with an Apple Store and there aren't any real close to my house or work.

Joe

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I think you were misinformed. Perhaps the person at thr store thought you wanted to exchange it or something. The geniuses at the Apple store are there to fix stuff or get it replaced. I sent mine in to get repaired because I didn't feel like dealing with an Apple Store and there aren't any real close to my house or work.

Joe
What is your turn around time? What did you do for a phone?