Apple's "Let's Rock" special event

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Jason Chen: The iPod Touch is also being redesigned. The Touch now is thinner, with a contoured steel design. What’s the same? a 3.5-inch display, accelerometer, 802.11b/g and the app store. What’s different? An integrated volume control on the side, a speaker, and Genius playlist creation.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Jason Chen: Now Gameloft’s Real Soccer 2009. Shipping today. He’s picking US vs. Italy, customizing his uniforms and picking a stadium. Graphics are PS1-level 3D, but the 2D stuff looks nice.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Jason Chen: Now Need For Speed: Undercover. Customize your car, deliver a package across town. Not too bad graphics, actually, in terms of 3D. No Maggie Q like on the console version though.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Jason Chen: The 8GB is $229, 16GB is $299 and 32GB is $399. All available starting today. Here’s an iPod Touch ad.

Jason Chen: The ad focuses on games, which includes shaking, gestures and screen pressing. There’s also music tacked on there at the end to show that it’s still an iPod. “Funnest iPod ever” is the catchphrase used.

Jason Chen: The iPod Touch has software 2.1, which includes Nike+ and Genius playlists. First-gen iPod Touch owners get a free update from 2.0, but if you haven’t, it’s $9.95 to 2.1 from 1.x. Updates are available today.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
iPhone Update Friday

Jason Chen: The iPhone update is free and will be available this Friday.

10:49 am ON Sep 9 2008

Jason Chen: iPhone owners get a 2.1 software update that “fixes lots of bugs.” Significantly improved battery life, fewer call drops, crashing problems, increased speed for iTunes backups and various other fixes.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
All due credit to Gizmodo for all of the pictures and text!

Jason Chen: The event’s wrapping up, but you should head over to Gizmodo for the rest of the day to see our updates, hands ons and impressions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Swagger, thank you for posting all of this here on EIC. I would not be able to follow over at gizmodo, but here it was easy as hell to scan the thread and know what exactly what was happening and whats to come.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
My cousin just bought an 8 gig iPod touch for $299 last week. Price guarantee lasts how long at Apple, again?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Mark, I want to thank you very much. I just got home from work and this thread became my one stop update. I have no need to search all the other sites to find out what happened today. It could have not been any clearer.
Again, A BIG THANKS.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Mark, I want to thank you very much. I just got home from work and this thread became my one stop update. I have no need to search all the other sites to find out what happened today. It could have not been any clearer.
Again, A BIG THANKS.
No need for thanks, just contributing to the forum. Thank you for thanking me though...Mark:laugh2: