Apple's Plan to pay back early adopters?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 28, 2007
Engadget just made an article about the "next" iPhone coming to Europe. Although it is just a speculation, it may make an appearance this Sep. 25th at the Apple Expo.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/where-the-hell-is-the-3g-iphone-for-europe-we-might-know/

Ok this next part is something I'm pulling out of my ass and is just something I thought about. Here is my 2 cents:

Maybe the reason that Apple decided to ditch the 4GB iPhone and lower the 8GB significantly was to make room for their new improved $600 iPhone. Basically a v2 with much better functions and less similar to the iPod Touch (to give the iPhone users a more unique feeling again). Now we all know that Apple knows about this big outrage of early iPhone buyers getting ripped off. I'm thinking maybe they might be planning to give the anybody who purchased the iPhone before the price drop (Sep. 5th) a major discount on the iPhone v2 or possibly a free upgrade( that may be going to far). Also, maybe that the iPhone v2 might be only avaliable in Europe first and the early adopters of the iPhone v1 will get the first dibs on the iPhone v2 before it comes to the US (with a discount too!). Heh well I think I am looking at a too perfect world...I just hope Apple gives us a reply on what they plan to do, because they can't just sit there and laugh...or can they? They don't really have to do anything, but all I want is just a reply to the iPhone consumers. I really want to know what Apple's reasons for this major change.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
quote "Now we all know that Apple knows about this big outrage of early iPhone buyers getting ripped off. I'm thinking maybe they might be planning to give the anybody who purchased the iPhone before the price drop (Sep. 5th) a major discount on the iPhone v2 or possibly a free upgrade( that may be going to far). "

This would be going way to far. Apple is in it for the money and we all got taken!

Shame on them!

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Nobody will receive any compensation except for the few who bought one within the last fourteen days....don't wait around expecting anything from Apple.

Tutumiles1

Jul 27, 2007
Apple can forget me as a customer for iPhones. There is no way in hell they are going to get more money out of me for this as I would feel double gouged! Shame on me for believing in these folks.

elbodude

Jun 29, 2007
Maybe they will give me a new iMac seeing how I bought an "old" one like a month before the "new" one was announced. Not.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Apple can forget me as a customer for iPhones. There is no way in hell they are going to get more money out of me for this as I would feel double gouged! Shame on me for believing in these folks.

i feel your agony but your abstinence from Apple products will not have the slightest bearing on the company, only YOU!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think it would be great for them to give early adopters a discount on v2 of the iPhone. When I got the iPhone on iDay I was eligible for an AT&T upgrade because I was at the end of my 2 year contract. If I had gotten any other phone I would have received a major discount, if not gotten the phone for free. It would certainly be nice if Apple and AT&T remembered this with the release of the v2 iPhone, whenever that may be.

Tutumiles1

Jul 27, 2007
PS49...

I know that is seems miniscule that ones purchasing habits can affect a company but research has proven that it does. I purchase for my company because on it and I also influence many others. While I cannot bring down Apple, nor is it my intent but computers really are commodities. I can make phone calls from a multitude of options and Apple is not invincible. I like the products overall but have a sour taste in my mouth over their businesss practices.

Instead of the lifelong customers I could have been, I will be agnostic about my future computer needs. I did a lot of computing on PC's before I ever bought my first Mac.

I have purchased for my businesss 200 computers in the last 6 years. Not earth shaking but its less than they will get in the future. I took a rash of crap in buying Apple products and I forced them on my employees. That will not happen again...

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
PS49...

I know that is seems miniscule that ones purchasing habits can affect a company but research has proven that it does. I purchase for my company because on it and I also influence many others. While I cannot bring down Apple, nor is it my intent but computers really are commodities. I can make phone calls from a multitude of options and Apple is not invincible. I like the products overall but have a sour taste in my mouth over their businesss practices.

Instead of the lifelong customers I could have been, I will be agnostic about my future computer needs. I did a lot of computing on PC's before I ever bought my first Mac.

I have purchased for my businesss 200 computers in the last 6 years. Not earth shaking but its less than they will get in the future. I took a rash of crap in buying Apple products and I forced them on my employees. That will not happen again...
Amen to that, as for the their businesss practices, it's terrible because they sell refurbished iPhones before dropping the prices so dramatically. What about those people who have the refurbished ones now? They see these brand new ones going for less than what they got their refurbs for. What were they thinking? They could've at least dropped the prices without selling refurbished iPhones, they must've decided to drop prices like right before the convention. Scum

Tutumiles1

Jul 27, 2007
lets face it, they do not give a crap about their customers and we should reply in kind when it is time to buy new gear... I can use MicroSoft products going forth. At least they do not pretend to give a damn...

Giies

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
i hope this is all just a dream. lol

and Tutumiles1, i'm with you. i will never give them any money, not even a penny. and they think that ringtone on itune is cool, i think it's bullshit, why the hell i want to pay for that when i can get it for free.

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
i hope this is all just a dream. lol

and Tutumiles1, i'm with you. i will never give them any money, not even a penny. and they think that ringtone on itune is cool, i think it's bullshit, why the hell i want to pay for that when i can get it for free.
Hell yeah that custom ringtone feature is bullshit, I'm going to hack mine into my iPhone for FREE. Now until I get a $100 iTunes gift certificate "at least" then I'll use that feature and buy songs. Until then, I'm going to put my Apple purchases to a halt.

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
i know all of you had a diiferent sell phone service and it charges about 2.50 for a ringtone. Apple charges 1 dollar for a song 1 dollar to make it a ringtone. still 50 cents cheaper.

prmdbr

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Apple's stock took a hit today, some financial analysts say that this hints of desparation on Apple's part to move product; it's very unlike Apple to slash prices on ANYTHING.

Utopian folly? You bet.

Don't feel bad lads, I got suckered too. I just got out as soon as I saw the writing on the wall: the iPhone is a dud.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
PS49...

I understand what you are saying but I still see this having zero effect on Apple's revenue (i do see sales rising with the news). I respect your decision not to purchase any more Apple products but don't you think you are hurting yourself more by choosing an inferior product? Now are you going to buy zunes instead of ipods or a Dell instead of a Macbook pro? Do you see my point?

wotblake

Jul 18, 2007
They should just offer us a one time use coupon for Apple.com. If it was a 35-40% off coupon for any product under 1000 or something like that I'd be happy.

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Apple has been supported for years thanks to its loyal customer fan base, and after pulling off what they did today-- they will certainly lose many loyal customers. I think most people who purchase Apple/mac products are not "switchers" or new users, but dedicated Apple loyalist. Or at least they were.

Sep 5, 2007
What about an Applecare warranty

I think it would be great for them to give early adopters a discount on v2 of the iPhone. When I got the iPhone on iDay I was eligible for an AT&T upgrade because I was at the end of my 2 year contract. If I had gotten any other phone I would have received a major discount, if not gotten the phone for free. It would certainly be nice if Apple and AT&T remembered this with the release of the v2 iPhone, whenever that may be.
What about an Applecare warranty for the early adopters who were taken. Man, the profit margin on those original iPhones must have been at least $400.:mad: