Apple's Superior Customer Service is Why I keep Purchasing

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Greetings Forum Members,
The volume on my v1 iPhone was never loud enough for me. Recently, it faded to the point that I could no longer hold a conversation on it.

I called Apple support to find out what my options were. I love the v1 iPhone and did not want a v2. (Keep in mind that my warranty was up). I was greeted (as always) by a friendly Apple support person. I explained my problem, of nearly inaudible sound from my iPhone. The Apple Rep, reminded me that my warranty had expired. He then asked for my email address. He noticed the long list of Apple products I have purchased. He then put me on hold.

Three minutes later the Apple Rep, returned to the line saying he had a solution to my problem. He said, being the valued Apple customer that I am. Apple would replace my iPhone free of charge with another v1 iPhone. He began to give me instructions and a service number to return my current iPhone for replacement. I told him that I was traveling and would not be home for two weeks to receive the return merchandise box they were sending.

The friendly Apple Rep asked me what my current location was. I told him I was in San Antonio, Texas. Not only did he locate an iPhone for me in San Antonio. He also made an appointment for me at the Genius Bar. Two hours later I was walking out of the La Cantera Pkwy, Apple store with my replacement iPhone in hand and a big smile on my face.

Sure we all know that Apple products are a bit overpriced, but for that type of top notch customer service. I am an Apple customer for life. I don't mind paying extra, to compaines that go the extra mile, to let you know. They appreciate your businesss. Way to go Apple...Sincerely, A Lifelong Customer...Mark:laugh2:

BTW: The replacement iPhone is crystal clear and LOUD. The screen is a little brighter than I would like (even at at a reduced brightness setting), but I can deal with that. I am 100% satisfied..Mark

harleygold

Bronze
Jul 26, 2008
Anderson, IN
Wow Mark that is awesome! When my first iPhone had issues, the Apple store quickly found the problem and had a quick solution...a new phone. No questions asked. With the kind of service you received, I to am a Apple customer for life. Don't you wish all customer oriented businessses have the same value as Apple?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Wow Mark that is awesome! When my first iPhone had issues, the Apple store quickly found the problem and had a quick solution...a new phone. No questions asked. With the kind of service you received, I to am a Apple customer for life. Don't you wish all customer oriented businessses have the same value as Apple?
Yes, I do wish all businessses followed Apple's businesss model, concerning customer support. Heck, most company's would have put me on hold and never came back to the phone. I think all companies should return back to the basics in customer support. I have grown so tired of the, give me your money, then the hell with you, that we get from most companies.

I have NEVER, EVER had a bad experience with Apple's customer support. I will admit, I rarely call them, because their products work. The few times I have had to call, were a very pleasant experience...Mark

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
That's great to hear! Glad they were able to replace your phone with another v1.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Agreed! I got a iPod Touch as a gift from my parents during Christmas, and on accident I slid it across my hardwood floor and it got a ton of scratches. I was crying, seriously yo, I was sad and I didn't even bother to look at the thing. Then after I told myself you can't do nothing about it, just deal with it. Well the following week I was in the car listening to I believe a Nathan Proffit song when outa nowhere IT SHOCKED ME! IT LITERALLY ELECTROCUTED ME!. The battery lost half power in an instant, it shocked me near the wifi antenna area. That's when I was like thaths it! I've had enough of you! I called up the Apple Store at Millenia and the guy was like WHAT! No way! And he told me he would personally see me the same day since their store wasn't too full, an hour later I go into the store, he inspected it and said there's nothing wrong from the exterior, he said it was probably a shortage, a few minutes later he pulled out a new one (I MEAN REFURBISHED), made me sign a few paper and I left happily with a new iPod touch. Note, this was back in March. Lol, and now that I got my iPhone in August Z(bout to be a month on the 4th) my poor touch has been in his box depressed that I won't play with him. I feel bad lol. But back to the point, the touch was my first Apple product and there is nooooo way it will be my last. No company ever replaces their products on the spot, they make you ship it to wherever, then wait a few weeks and you get a new one.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have to say that I agree with you Mark. Apple's customer service is top notch and I have never had anything but positive experiences with Apple. From my first iPod purchase to my iPhones and my MBA, the Apple techs and Geniuses have been nothing short of amazing. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable about a multitude of things, even those outside of Apple.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Amen, I will hopefully get a job at one of their stores in about 2 years! I am excited!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
The two iPhones we have were our first Apple purchase. My wife had many many problems with her V1 phones i think 9 replaced in all . Most were hardware issues. 3 of them the wifi would not work on . A few months ago i called Apple about issues she was having. after along story about how many phones she had had the rep put me on hold came back and because of all the problems she had they replaced her 4gb with an 8gb.

We both now have white 3g iPhones but Apples customer service is top of the line and these wont be our last Apple products thats for sure

btw we had out 3g's replaced this weekend both phones had a crack in the back in the exact same spot below the earphone jack

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Apple's got the most amazing sales method.

Instead of doing good, but costly, QC checks at the factory, they simply ship as many items as possible...

... and instead let their customers spend their own money and time bringing back the bad units.

Then when Apple immediately replaces the unit, the customer is astonished and pleased.

Very smart.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
That is a very interesting point.

When I have problems wth my Dell products, I call them and within 4 hours, an engineer is round my place of businesss or home and fixes the problem. I don't have to ship anything anywhere, nor visit any service centers.

Apple's got the most amazing sales method.

Instead of doing good, but costly, QC checks at the factory, they simply ship as many items as possible...

... and instead let their customers spend their own money and time bringing back the bad units.

Then when Apple immediately replaces the unit, the customer is astonished and pleased.

Very smart.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Idc bout Dell, I heard they are horrible computers. Then again it could be vista but w.e.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
The heating is usually due to the processor chip. Apple Macs are prone to heating also. When you have so many components, in such a small space, with limited air flow. Things will heat up. That's why people buy those lap cooler things.

The Intel chip in a Mac, is no different to a Dell, than it is to a Lenova, then it is to a HP.

But a question? If the XPS is garbage, why did you get one? Why not return it back to Dell under their 30 day (or whatever it is) return policy?

I have a Dell XPS and it is garbage! The NVIDIA video card heats up the whole motherboard. The XPS can't hold a candle to my MacBook Pro...Mark

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
The reason I bought the XPS is that, my sister talked me into it.

The problem is a two stage problem with the heat issue. Dell is a fault, for the incorrect placement of the heat pipe. NVIDIA is a fault for using an inferior metal in the making of the chip, which causes it to become much more hot.

I did not return it, because I was out of the country when it was delivered. I did not return until after the time had expired to return it.

The XPS customer support is a joke. They sent a Tech to my home at 10:30pm to repair the stupid thing. I thought to myself, the nerve of these people.

I had a Dell Latitude several years ago, it wasalso garbage. The video card went out, three days after the warranty was up and Dell refuse to fix it without charging me 1200.00 for a new motherboard. I told them they were crazy and put the garbage where it should be, in the garbage.

Dell will never get one dime more of my money for the rubbish they produce.

I knew at the time of purchase. I should have bought a Toshiba Qosmio. I have never had a problem with any computer I have bought from Toshiba. I'll never listen to my sister again when it comes to electronics. Mark