Apple's Texas Hold Em' multiplayer question

Aug 3, 2008
I cannot find the answer anywhere. Wheneve I try to connect to multiplayer it tells me it is searching for other players but never connects me to a game. I would email support but it just takes you to the regular Apple page. Anyway, doesn't matter if I'm wifi, 3G or Edge, nothing makes a difference. Any help is appreciated.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I suppose if no one else is on then you can't play multiplayer. I wonder if most players have even noticed that option?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I cannot find the answer anywhere. Wheneve I try to connect to multiplayer it tells me it is searching for other players but never connects me to a game. I would email support but it just takes you to the regular Apple page. Anyway, doesn't matter if I'm wifi, 3G or Edge, nothing makes a difference. Any help is appreciated.
Unless Texas Hold'Em has upgraded, you can only play with other players on the same network. So you and your friends must be connected to wifi on the same router.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Did you read the instructions in the Help section in the app itself on your iPhone? It tells you there how the multi-player game works...

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
yes...you can only play hold em with other people like right next to you...the computer mode isn't so bad though

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
The multiplayer sucks pretty bad for hold 'em. Not only is it LAN only but you can't play 2 player. I tried doing it with a friend, and although we both saw each other in the lobby, you can't start a game till you get more people (so no AI players in multiplayer I guess).

jpetticrew

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Houston
The multiplayer sucks pretty bad for hold 'em. Not only is it LAN only but you can't play 2 player. I tried doing it with a friend, and although we both saw each other in the lobby, you can't start a game till you get more people (so no AI players in multiplayer I guess).
I have played tons of two player games with a buddy of mine.

Babyboi

Nov 15, 2008
Houston
I have played tons of two player games with a buddy of mine.
so how did you get yours to work? We have 2 iPhones, both on the same wireless network, same game location (garage), and yet it's still waiting for players. we just want to play a 1v1, how do we start the game with just us 2 players?

innerware

Jun 21, 2009
Any luck with this issue? I tried today and had the very same problem.