Apple's very first computer

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Check out those specs. It didn't even have a case.

CPU
CPU: MOS Technology 6502
CPU Speed: 1 MHz
FPU: none
Bus Speed: 1 MHz
Data Path Width: 8 bit
Address Width: 8 bit
Onboard RAM: 8 kB
Maximum RAM: 32 kB

Video
VRAM: 1 kB
Max Resolution: 60.05 Hz, 40x24 char

Miscellaneous
Family: Pre-Macintosh
Codename: ?
Power: 58 Watts
Introduced: April 1976
Terminated: 1977

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
$666 loool that's a lot of money at the time. :D I am going to buy it and install Leopard 10.5.7.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Would it be bad if (imho) i don't think we've come far? I mean.... my mom when she was a child ins chool got to write in english class about what life would be in 2010. Most of them wrote stuff like space travel, living on different planets, robots (not these assist needing ones of today).

Just furthers my Bias that NASA just takes up all this money and is doing everything so slowly. I'd like to have children born somewhere else but earth maybe.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Would it be bad if (imho) i don't think we've come far? I mean.... my mom when she was a child ins chool got to write in english class about what life would be in 2010. Most of them wrote stuff like space travel, living on different planets, robots (not these assist needing ones of today).

Just furthers my Bias that NASA just takes up all this money and is doing everything so slowly. I'd like to have children born somewhere else but earth maybe.

That's a good point. I think in some ways we have advanced far with our electronics. As a child I never envisioned a small computing device we could carry in our pockets that would also be multi-media and a phone. I did think that we would have gone to Mars by now. There is an article on the Internet I saw that was written 40 years ago and predicted what life would be like in 2009. I will have look and see if I can find this. Some of the predictions were way off but others were eerily accurate.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Are know you weren't even born yet, but do you know why we stopped manned missions to the moon London?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My first computer had some pretty similar numbers to this one. I found the box housing old tax information a while back and was grounded at how sad it is compared to today's computers.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Are know you weren't even born yet, but do you know why we stopped manned missions to the moon London?
No why?

If its because of the spaceshuttle flaws, then they need to make them better and more efficient. Seriously, if i had "country buying money" I'd just make some orbital elevators, to shoot people up from the ground to low orbit, where they then could take a space craft to a destination. Less gravity = more fuel, = longer space exploring.

Idk whats taking all of these "space programs" so long. I'd like to beable to travel from Earth to Mars like i go from Miami to London.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
No why?

If its because of the spaceshuttle flaws, then they need to make them better and more efficient. Seriously, if i had "country buying money" I'd just make some orbital elevators, to shoot people up from the ground to low orbit, where they then could take a space craft to a destination. Less gravity = more fuel, = longer space exploring.

Idk whats taking all of these "space programs" so long. I'd like to beable to travel from Earth to Mars like i go from Miami to London.
Dream on, London. :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
No why?

If its because of the spaceshuttle flaws, then they need to make them better and more efficient. Seriously, if i had "country buying money" I'd just make some orbital elevators, to shoot people up from the ground to low orbit, where they then could take a space craft to a destination. Less gravity = more fuel, = longer space exploring.I

It's not as easy as throwing money at the space program, London. There are still technological hurdles to overcome before you get your orbital elevators or Flight 815 to Syrtis Major.