AppleTV and Mountain lion mirroring problems

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the watcher

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
ok this is my problem i download the new mountain lion, and turned on my Apple TV to try out the mirroring feature, but for some reason its not working for me :( it say once the Apple tv is turned on it should show a merrioring/airplay in the menu bar on my iMac computer which its not doing, Dose anyone know howe to get mirrioring working on mounting lion

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
ok this is my problem i download the new mountain lion, and turned on my Apple TV to try out the mirroring feature, but for some reason its not working for me :( it say once the Apple tv is turned on it should show a merrioring/airplay in the menu bar on my iMac computer which its not doing, Dose anyone know howe to get mirrioring working on mounting lion
Depends on the age of your Mac. AirPlay mirroring will only work with newer macs. You'll have to look up the airplay requirements.

the watcher

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Depends on the age of your Mac. AirPlay mirroring will only work with newer macs. You'll have to look up the airplay requirements.
Ok! My imac processor 2.66 GHz intel core i5 i don't think thats to old, But if thats the case, My Imac is to old how would i check ? or i have to just do a Google search ?That sucks that was one of the main features i was waiting for SMH...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer).

the watcher

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
OK well i do have the 3rd generation Apple TV, but my iMac is from 2009, So i guess no mirroring for me :(, thanks anyway for all your help, DAMN YOU APPLE! SMH

usmc2655

Jul 28, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
ok, so here is something for ya.... i have the 2nd gen Apple tv, and the most recent imac, the issue is it keeps saying i need a password for my Apple tv to do airplay.... WTF.... my Apple tv does not have a password, and i tried my Apple id, my imac password, and every other password i could think of!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
ok, so here is something for ya.... i have the 2nd gen Apple tv, and the most recent imac, the issue is it keeps saying i need a password for my Apple tv to do airplay.... WTF.... my Apple tv does not have a password, and i tried my Apple id, my imac password, and every other password i could think of!
THere is a place in the settings of the Apple TV where you can set up a password that is required for someone to use airplay. THis may have been set up unknowingly if you or anyone in your house has ever gone in and messed with the settings on your Apple TV. I set this up when my kids thought they were being funny by interrupting my airplay from my iPhone or iPad with their iPods. Joke's on them now.

the watcher

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Is there a workaround where I can get mirroring working on my Apple TV . My IMAC is 2009 27'' inch 2.66 GHz i5 core processor model any help will be appreciated