applicaion problems

Aug 11, 2008
when ever i try to open an application i have downloaded from the app store my screen goes black for about 2 seconds then takes me back to my home screen :(

anybody know whats wrong?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
when ever i try to open an application i have downloaded from the app store my screen goes black for about 2 seconds then takes me back to my home screen :(

What apps? It seems to me that the apps are crashing. If you post which apps you're having problems with, someone might be able to tell you if they are having crashing problems as well.

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
Hold down the home button and the sleep button and let your phone reset...That is what usually works for me.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Someone mentioned in another thread that by downloading and syncing a new App (a free one) the other Apps started to work. Might want to give it a try.

If that doesn't help try the Reset and then try restoring and resyncing your information.

Aug 11, 2008
every app i have downloaded just stops after 2 seconds . . . . .

and i help the home button and sleep button at the same time and it just turned it off , is this the same as resetting it?

sry just got my iPhone yesterday

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Hold down the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. The phone should completely restart (without the need to slide to power off) and that is the reset to which we were referring.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Try what Kevio said to try..it should fix your problem. It's not resetting it per se, because it doesn't reset all of your data and such it just takes care of glitches and common bugs. See what happens after you hold the sleep/wake and home button and wait for the silver Apple logo to appear and if things are still not working try and re-downloading them//re-syncing your entire phone and make sure your software is up to date.

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
had this same problem, also was not able to view ipod content on the phone, although it appeared in iTunes. genius bar replaced my phone today for these reasons.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado

Are you downloading apps from your iPhone or iTunes?