Application iDo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 9, 2007
I'm not quite up to speed on these web apps so my first qquestions is just where is your info being stored?
It is stored in the developer's hosting. It's an application that is accessed online in the same way an email is accessed. The only real risk is the amount of information that is entered. Should the vendor dissappear, the info is gone. I, however, back up all data every day.

peanut1

Oct 29, 2007
so its dependant on internet access all the time? argh... hopefully this and other things similar will be addressed by third party apps early next year.

Oct 9, 2007
so its dependant on internet access all the time? argh... hopefully this and other things similar will be addressed by third party apps early next year.
I tell you, I hope so too. The fact of having to be connected in order to see my GTD is not too practical. However, I do not wish to install anything in my iPhone that is not fully backed by Apple. Their warranty policies are rather strict.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I suspected that it would be stored on the developer site. My biggest concern there isn't the potential loss of data, it's having it open to prying eyes. Now don't go calling me paranoid right away, it's not like I think someone is going to somehow make nefarious use of the data. I just don't like the idea and see no reason for remote storage given the fact that I have a data repository right in my hand. And I have to wonder how the developer will be able to store data for only $6 (a year? forever?)

This is the perfect application to take advantage of the SDK and keep the data on the phone where it belongs.

Oct 9, 2007
You're right! I try to keep very vague info but that defeats the whole purpose. I honestly feel the app is good and will be great once it's a standalone app. In the meantime, I am using it and it really functions well.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
The very first sentence in "About iDo:"
"Want your to-do list with you at all times?" [Emphasis added.]

I take it that is some sort of joke, as your to-do list is most certainly not "with you" ever, let alone "at all times."

"Sorry, honey, I couldn't access the shopping list because the supermarket has a metal roof and I couldn't get a signal inside. Next time send me to a store with WiFi. The good news is I'm following Apple's rules to the letter and in a year or three I might have a real to-do list!" :p:p:p

--
Mike

Oct 9, 2007
The very first sentence in "About iDo:"
"Want your to-do list with you at all times?" [Emphasis added.]

I take it that is some sort of joke, as your to-do list is most certainly not "with you" ever, let alone "at all times."

"Sorry, honey, I couldn't access the shopping list because the supermarket has a metal roof and I couldn't get a signal inside. Next time send me to a store with WiFi. The good news is I'm following Apple's rules to the letter and in a year or three I might have a real to-do list!" :p:p:p

--
Mike
:laugh2: you/ve said it! I wish some of the Palm apps were available for iPhone. I feel there is money ro be made there but it's going to take a while!