Applications aren't showing up on the home screen after install.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
I think it has something to do with iFuntastic. After installing an application via Installer.app, its icon does not appear on my home screen. I have to manually add the icon via iFuntastic. Is there any way around it or has my iPhone been tainted forever?

I would rather not use a launcher at the moment, since I have space on my home screen, and even if I were to install one, I'd have to add the icon via iFuntastic.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I was having the exact sames problems last night with iFuntastic. I'm using 3.5.5. I couldn't get any apps to show up and any changes I made (for the home screen) would not show up on my iPhone. What I ended up finding out was under troubleshooting there is a button called Install Support Software. I had not done that before. Once I did, I went back and everything started working great. I'd give that a try.

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
I was having the exact sames problems last night with iFuntastic. I'm using 3.5.5. I couldn't get any apps to show up and any changes I made (for the home screen) would not show up on my iPhone. What I ended up finding out was under troubleshooting there is a button called Install Support Software. I had not done that before. Once I did, I went back and everything started working great. I'd give that a try.
THANK YOU! :laugh2: Tried this and it seems to be working fine. MobileChat didn't work (maybe it requires a restart) but two other applications showed up after install. Thanks :)

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
If you installed mobile chat before you installed the support software, reinstall mobile chat. What I found was that the three programs I tried to install (by dragging them to the application list in iFuntastic) were "installed" but when I tried to run them they would either lock the iPhone up or crash after a few minutes. I reinstalled them and now everything is working great. I'd give that a try (I just installed mobile chat yesterday and it worked).

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
If you installed mobile chat before you installed the support software, reinstall mobile chat. What I found was that the three programs I tried to install (by dragging them to the application list in iFuntastic) were "installed" but when I tried to run them they would either lock the iPhone up or crash after a few minutes. I reinstalled them and now everything is working great. I'd give that a try (I just installed mobile chat yesterday and it worked).
Everything I install shows up on the home screen except for MobileChat. Not sure why :(

EDIT: Added it through iFuntastic for now.