Applications & Home Screen

Dereck

Jan 7, 2009
Hi everyone,

New iPhone 3G user here. I have a question.. I was loading a big image file from my Gmail last night when my phone froze. So I held on to the sleep button until the phone showed the Apple logo and it loaded back up again. Now here is my issue, whenever I click on any application now (Beejive, Facebook, etc.), the application doesn't load and it brings me back to the home screen. Anyone know the remedy to this?

Thanks in advance!

Dereck

Jan 7, 2009
Hi,

Whenever I would click on ANY applications from the Applications Store, it would show it's "loading" screen, but it won't load the application and just go back to the home screen. I tried holding on to the sleep/power button and turning the phone on, but same result. so finally I just started deleting the applications I downloaded and just re-downloaded them and it works fine now. My only gripe with this way of solving the issue is having to re-download the applications, especially if I have a lot downloaded.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi,

Whenever I would click on ANY applications from the Applications Store, it would show it's "loading" screen, but it won't load the application and just go back to the home screen. I tried holding on to the sleep/power button and turning the phone on, but same result. so finally I just started deleting the applications I downloaded and just re-downloaded them and it works fine now. My only gripe with this way of solving the issue is having to re-download the applications, especially if I have a lot downloaded.
Generally speaking, I've found that uninstalling one application and reinstalling it tends to fix all of them, on my phone atleast...

Dereck

Jan 7, 2009
Thanks for the tip. If it ever decides to act up again (knock on wood), I will remember that.