Applications not working help

Hockey Puck

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
PHOENIX ARIZONA
I have downloaded about 5 or 6 of the new applications about 2 weeks ago. I had no problem using them. Now today when I tap on the icon I get a black screen and it goes back to the desktop. They don't open up. Any suggestions please. I did the 2.0 upgrade several week ago.

thanks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It seems as if your phone is crashing unnecessarily for one reason or another. Have you turned the phone off lately? I would suggest turning the phone completely off and then back on (wait a few minutes). If that doesn't seem to help then try a soft reset by holding the top and home buttons at the same time for 5-10 seconds until you see the Apple logo appear. If THAT doesn't help then I would suggest trying a full restore in iTunes.

AppleHead

Aug 3, 2008
I would also advice deleting them off of the iPhone and re-adding the Apps.

Hold your finger on an app until they start shaking and you will see an X by the APP's, just tap the X to delete them

Go into iTunes, plug in your phone and go to the Applications tab and make sure the applications you want are selected. Then re-sync and add them back over.

See if that works, if not you might want to completely delete them off of the iPhone and the computer and re-install them.

If that does not work I would do the above.

Hockey Puck

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
PHOENIX ARIZONA
Fixed my problem

This is what I came up with:

1) I did a complete backup and restore.
2) I redownloaded the applications using the App Store icon on my iPhone desktop. I doesn't cost you anything to redownload them.

I have about 13 applications I downloaded two weeks ago. When I redownloaded the "Beer" one, and started checking the other applications I downloaded, some of them ended up working, (got me?) the rest I just downloaded over the top of them. I am not really sure if the backup and restore made a difference. I suggest trying option 2 first.

Please let me know if this works for you guys.

tnx