Applications on iPhone

Jun 18, 2009
Hi all,

New to this Forum. I was just wondering if anybody could help me out.

Basically i downloaded the new update. I had a few problems which i have read others have had the same but i think its fully updated now. Anyway, all my applications that i had on my phone previously like Facebook, iScores etc. have completely disappeared after the update. Why has this happened? Basically i paid for these apps and now they just disappeared and i don't think i should have to pay for them again. Could anybody help me out please.

Thanks for reading.
Steve

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Your Apps haven't disappeared, they have been move over by one "page". Swipe your finger across your home screen a couple of times and you should see them there.

Jun 18, 2009
I know you slide your finger across. I have had it a while and now what to do but all my applications that i had before the update have now gone once i have finished downloading it.

Why is this?

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I had the same problem.. After the update I thought my apps were gone also...

They were just one page over... the SEARCH feature is to the left... the APPS are to the right..

it's going to restructure a few of your apps... put the Voice Memos to the bottom right of your HOME SCREEN, and maybe bump your calculator one over.. well, sweep left (to the right) one screen, and voila... there are your apps... LOL

Jun 18, 2009
The APPS are not to th right. All my APPS are gone!

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
I would suggest checking out your iTunes, open iTunes and in the left side, click on the link for Applications.
This will show all the apps that have been synced with iTunes.
If the apps are there, the next step to sync them would be to plug in your iPhone, select the iPhone from the side menu, click on the applications TAB and select all, or each app you wish to sync, and down in the right hand corner there will be a sync/apply button!

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
So in iTunes, connect your iPhone, go to the Applications tab on your iPhone, and select Sync Applications, and All Applications....

your Apps aren't gone, there should be a record of them in iTunes, they just haven't made it back to your phone..

if that doesn't work, then contact Apple Support, and try not to get testy with them.. :laugh2::laugh2:

Jun 18, 2009
Just did that but no APPS listed in iTunes.

Ps Why shouldnt i get testy with them. I downloaded their update and then my APPS disappear so its hardly my fault.

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
well i did notice that when syncing your iPhone u sometimes have to select "Transfer Purchases" because apps are not included in a backup.
All Apple support is going to tell you to do is re-download the apps that you had before, any paid apps will be free as you have already paid for them.

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
because they're going to frustrate you during the call, so try to keep a cool head, and not curse anyone out.. :laugh2: