Applications shutting down immediately and returning to home page

Nov 15, 2008
Out of nowhere, I developed this problem: everytime I open an application, it will open for two seconds before returning to the home page. Happens with every application.

I'm not running too many things at once, don't have extra Safari pages open, haven't added any applications recently, and tried shutting down and restarting.

Any thoughts on this weirdness?!

Thanks!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
The applications are crashing. Try deleting them and reinstalling them.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Out of nowhere, I developed this problem: everytime I open an application, it will open for two seconds before returning to the home page. Happens with every application.

I'm not running too many things at once, don't have extra Safari pages open, haven't added any applications recently, and tried shutting down and restarting.

Any thoughts on this weirdness?!

Thanks!
Is the phone jailbroken? If not have you done a hard reset? This usually fixes a multitude of problems. If that doesn't work, you may have to do a restore.
It could be one certain App that is causing this. Maybe first try deleting the last app you downloaded and see what happens.

Nov 15, 2008
Just deleted and reinstalled all apps -- that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks to both of you for the advice!

iPhonebaby

Bronze
Nov 5, 2008
Minnesota
I'm also having problems with costumize shutting down when I open it :(

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
Note: It's always good to give your phone a clean shutdown. Do this by holding the power button down until the red slider appears. Slide the red slider to the right and that will allow a lot of the processes that only get done during a shutdown, get completed.

Your iPhone is running out of application memory, and this is usually a good fix. If you're really having bad problems with your phone, try a restore.

Good luck.

raxelsen

Bronze
Nov 16, 2008
Dublin
www.moneymadeonline.ws
Note: It's always good to give your phone a clean shutdown. Do this by holding the power button down until the red slider appears. Slide the red slider to the right and that will allow a lot of the processes that only get done during a shutdown, get completed.

Your iPhone is running out of application memory, and this is usually a good fix. If you're really having bad problems with your phone, try a restore.

Good luck.
yes, an old-fashioned POPO (Power Off, Power On) solved the same problem for me :)