Applying Screen protectors

Very petty and stupid question here...

I purchased a set of the anti-glare screen protectors from the Apple store. Unfortunately, for the life of me I cannot get it in place without annoying bubbles anywhere! I attempt to rub them out as instructed, but I end up with marks that look like bullet holes all over.

Is there any trick to applying these so that there are no marks, or am I just trying too hard to make it perfect?! After applying and then removing several times to fix it, I have already ruined the first one in the set!:oops:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm not sure on this - others should chime in - but I have a feeling part of the issue may be that the ones at the Apple Store are not the greatest to work with. But ... you should still be able to get a decent result with them.

This sounds a bit odd, but might be worth watching the . Even though a lot will obviously not apply, their advice on preparation, clean / dust-free environment etc should prove very helpful.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I would suggest laying down the protector from one side (preferably on the short ends) and let the protector somewhat naturally "adhere" to your screen. Do it slowly so that there are no bubbles. Curving the protector while applying it also helps to line up the holes properly.

It's hard to explain how to do it. If I had the time, I'd do a video.

BogeyPro

Oct 24, 2008
make sure you clean the screen well before applying the protector. I also use canned air right before applying.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
and good luck not getting an dust under it.... I can't for the life of me, keep dust away long enough to get the sucker on...

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Yup... those "bullet holes" are probably tiny specs of dust that get caught under the screen protector as you are trying to fit it on. I have a tiny one on mine right in the middle of the screen, but the rest is perfect. I don't want to risk just making it worse. I can live with it. Heh.