Apps crashing when opened

zalamatoz

Dec 10, 2007
Have anyone been experiencing app crashes right after u try to open it?
This is the third one Im gonna have to restore it.
Im gonna take it in to Apple store soon if its happen again.
If any of any of u guys experiencing the same problem let me know and how did u guys fix it. Because even when I restore the iPhone I'm not actually restoring from backup.

This problem is sux cos Im sick of having to restore it.

Thanks guys:(

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
A lot of apps crash left and right. Mobilechat crashes for me at startup 50% of the time. It's really nothing to do with the iPhone (we have 3 in the house, they all get it) it's just bad coding.

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
I had this problem and exchanged my phone. I no longer have it (yet...)

zalamatoz

Dec 10, 2007
I had this problem and exchanged my phone. I no longer have it (yet...)
so there gave u a new one?!cos im sick of having to restore it!Im not gonna restore it again im taking the iPhone into Apple store tomorrow see if i can get a new one

zalamatoz

Dec 10, 2007
which apps are crashing for you?
Every App from app store it would work for awhile then its would just stop working
My iPhone is not jailbreak don't know if that infor is helpful

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
When you have the apps on your phone, try doing a reset (holding sleep+home till it reboots). That fixed crashes for me, and makes your phone run silky smooth for a few hours.

zalamatoz

Dec 10, 2007
When you have the apps on your phone, try doing a reset (holding sleep+home till it reboots). That fixed crashes for me, and makes your phone run silky smooth for a few hours.
Thanks man but the problem is that I have try reset and restore 3 times already but the problems just seem to keep occurring over and over again. Im just sick of having to put infor back into the iPhone again everytime I restore it.

Thanks for the tip :laugh2:

I am having this same problem too. I have had to restore about 7 times in the past few weeks and my iPhone backup file is always corrupt even though I let it do the backup first (which takes 2 hours).

This is a pain in the ....... nevermind.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Same here, all apps crash (also have GPS issues). Restoring is the fix for me right now, including the GPS.

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
yeah, the gave me a new phone b/c genius bar couldn't figure it out, no questions asked.

is your ipod content showing up on iTunes but your phone says there isn't any? and if only 1st party apps load then you have the same problem I did.

zalamatoz

Dec 10, 2007
yeah, the gave me a new phone b/c genius bar couldn't figure it out, no questions asked.

is your ipod content showing up on iTunes but your phone says there isn't any? and if only 1st party apps load then you have the same problem I did.
Yeah me too I just got a new iPhone Best Service Ever..!
Thanks to the Apple guys:laugh2:

I guess next time mine does that, I will be making a trip to the Apple store to see if they replace mine too. I was thinking it had to be software related but i guess it could be phone related. Who knows?

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
Well that's one way to get a new iPhone - :p

I usually just turn the phone off and then restart it and that fixes the issue.

Well as several of us have stated in this forum and others, a simple restart or even reset of the phone does not take care of the problem for some of us. I WISH this worked for me and then I would not have to deal with the headache of restoring every time.

zalamatoz

Dec 10, 2007
Well that's one way to get a new iPhone - :p

I usually just turn the phone off and then restart it and that fixes the issue.
Thats true!the thing is that the problem is always come back so thats why I got a new shiny iPhone!:laugh2:

Thats true!the thing is that the problem is always come back so thats why I got a new shiny iPhone!:laugh2:
Did your replacement work without the apps crashing? They replaced mine last week and the next day, apps crashed again and music was not visible but still on the phone.

I had to do the 7.7.0 downgrade (upgrade, I am calling it because it works!) and have not had any 3rd party app crashes and I am listening to music right now! I have done my best to make apps crash. I have switched back and forth heavily, closed out apps while it was in the process of doing something... all kinds of things and no crashes. I am waiting for the rumored iTunes 8 before upgrading again.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Did your replacement work without the apps crashing? They replaced mine last week and the next day, apps crashed again and music was not visible but still on the phone.

I had to do the 7.7.0 downgrade (upgrade, I am calling it because it works!) and have not had any 3rd party app crashes and I am listening to music right now! I have done my best to make apps crash. I have switched back and forth heavily, closed out apps while it was in the process of doing something... all kinds of things and no crashes. I am waiting for the rumored iTunes 8 before upgrading again.

I had that issue too. My songs and podcast vanished but was still on the phone. Restore did work for a day and then same old crap again. Apple just gave me a refurb when the genius finally agreed with me that it was a hardware issue because itune froze on his Mac.