Apps downloading on two separate iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by BigCiX, Sep 19, 2014.

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

So my step son downloads an app on his phone. But yet my wife gets he same app too. Same with his contacts. They are on her phone now. What are we doing wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 5

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

using the same Apple ID

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I agree, it's definitely an issue with sharing Apple IDs. If you don't want to share apps, you should create a new Apple ID for one of those accounts. That account will be entirely new, so they won't have any apps. However, with Family Share, the other person can be the keeper of apps. So while two people can have two different Apple IDs and two different phones, Family Sharing lets you share apps with the primary account.

Also, I've changed your title in keeping with our quality guidelines. We had like 100 quick questions here that built over time, so trying to avoid having to go down that road again. Please use descriptive titles.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5

5. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Also, I think you can go into the iTunes settings on the phone and turn off Automatic Downloads of music, apps and updates. Then you could use the same Apple ID.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You can share iTunes ID and get the same apps and music if you want. It's in the purchased list. You don't have to download everything your son does. If anything shows, just delete it. But you need separate iCloud ID's. That's where your problem is. Also separate ID for iMessage and FaceTime.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You can share iTunes purchases now with iTunes Family Share. That way you only pay once for paid items.