Apps for Health App?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Hondamaker, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I was wondering, I've seen many commercials with people using the Health App. What apps take advantage of this new app? Will Apple be coming out with apps of their own, e.g., pedometer, stairs, jogging, etc.? I'd like to start using this app. So far, all I've done is use the medical emergency feature.

2. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Have not been sold yet on health functionality. Hoping that will change in the future

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

3. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

I haven't used any health apps as I too am not sold on the health functionality on iOS. I'll say this though... Last week I checked and noticed that the health app is counting my steps. Strange cause I did nothing but add that feature to the dashboard and at first it didn't work. Then last week it started working and it still is. Weird thing is I know people with an iP6 or iP6+ who did the same thing and it is not working for them. Seems to be hit or miss. Too unreliable in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.

4. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

The only thing I've used with the Health app is to see how many steps I have taken throughout the day, and how long my runs have been. There isn't much out there yet. It has the potential to be great. It's not there yet.

5. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Try RunRunner. You can set your goal which encourage you to achieve it. This app is also tagged as editor's choice. Worth it !!

Sent from my iPhone 5S

6. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

I will try it. I was thinking of getting the Nike product.

7. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I started using the app and have sleep analysis, walking and running, and steps on my dashboard. I'm interested though in the nutrition data but I would have to add data points every time I ate something to get accurate numbers. There should be an easier way such as adding multiple data points at once.

8. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Can you tell me from where do you get sleeping analysis ? I do not have any device like nikeband. The bundled health app works great for steps and walking-running but i don't know how to get this sleeping analysis get working.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I am so disappointed at this time.
    It is buggy and glitchy. Fuelband is build in but the App is not ready. Up has released a new App and I have yet to figure out how to get it to show up on the Dashboard (I posted his in another threat). Whiting was not working until it just kicked in yesterday I will see how it fares after a few days data. I like to use either the Fuelband or the UP 24 since I don't always carry my phone with me specially when I work in the house. So why do I need an Healthkit ?
    The Genius and some others at the Apple store could not explain to me either how it works. They looked at all settings and had no answer? I will try again today to see if I can figure out the problem.

10. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I'd better look at the health app more. I didn't know you could add steps and running and such into the dashboard!

11. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

MotionX 24/7 has a sleep analyzer as well as a number of other health kid tools. I'm not sure how well the sleep stuff actually works with any of the apps.

Rick
    Pardon my driving, I'm not texting, I'm reloading

12. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

My understanding of the sleep analysis is that you have to add a data point when you are in bed or asleep. That is how to get data on the dashboard.

13. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Okay.. I thought it could be automatically done.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

14. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Well, I'm thinking it could be automatic if it was connected to one of the health apps. You might try looking around in the App store.

15. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Its automatic with MotionX 24/7

Rick
    Pardon my driving, I'm not texting, I'm reloading

16. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I've begun using an app called Lark. It is a fitness, diet, and sleep tracker. There is also a coach within the app.
    Lark - Fitness, Diet, & Sleep Tracker + Text Feedback by LARK
    https://appsto.re/us/c1bz2.i

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. galaxyman

galaxyman New Member

I've started using the Health App and have added Weight (in which I weigh myself daily and input data too) Steps and Walking and Running Distance (which appear to input data automatically) onto my dashboard. I trust my weight info because I input this myself, but today according to Walking and Running I have done 1.51km today even though I have had a lazy day at home watching films and playing on my 5s. How reliable is this App?

18. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

Try Myfitnesspal to track nutrition. It works great

Sent from my iPhone

19. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

Anybody know of a good workout app for the gym which works with the health app on the iPhone? Have been looking for one and can't seem to find one.

20. kaaist

kaaist New Member

There are quite a few apps that take advantage of the HealthKit functionality.

Try Pacer, Sleep Cycle, Strava or Human for tracking and syncing up your daily activity.