Apps for themes, MMS, video without jailbreaking

motojavs

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Hello,
As a new iPhone user, Im a little scare about jailbreaking my iPhone. So, if I decide not to do it, what apps in the apps store are good for themes, mms, video?

Thanks in advance for the help.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Hello,
As a new iPhone user, Im a little scare about jailbreaking my iPhone. So, if I decide not to do it, what apps in the apps store are good for themes, mms, video?

Unfortunately, those things aren't available unless you jailbreak :(

There's nothing to be afraid of now though, so go ahead and do it. We're here if you ever need us :)

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Hello,

Like SikShift said, there's little to no risk at all involved with Jailbreaking these days, so you're good to go if you want. And the community here is great, so you don't have to worry even IF you mess something up, which is a challenge in itself.

motojavs

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Thanks so much for the help and the encouragement to jailbreak my phone. I'm going ahead with it and if I have any problems, be sure I will ask for your help.

Dec 15, 2008
Apple limited those to develop their own app for these function, - -!
So be patient, and before that, be brave!

burakfb

Dec 17, 2008
if i have 2.2 with baseband 2.28 (yes i'm one of the anxious ones that had to click on the update now button) can i still jail break? how would i do it?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Yes you can still jailbreak. Go to quickpwn.com and download the program and the firmware. Plug it in and just follow the directions.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
If you ever encounter any problems, you can always do a restore so it would go back to Stock. No problems at all, good luck mate.

burakfb

Dec 17, 2008
it is best thing have i have ever done probably done with the iPhone
I'm loving it
what programs would you guys recommend? i just downloaded this thing called intelliscreen, man probably the first iPhone was missing
thanks

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
it is best thing have i have ever done probably done with the iPhone
I'm loving it
what programs would you guys recommend? i just downloaded this thing called intelliscreen, man probably the first iPhone was missing
thanks
If you haven't already done so, download Cycorder, its an awesome video camera app :laugh2:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
moto let us know your outcome. remember to download cycorder (video recorder), winterboard (themes) and swirly mms (mms app but not workable with everyone). These are the apps you are looking for.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Yes you can still jailbreak. Go to quickpwn.com and download the program and the firmware. Plug it in and just follow the directions.

I downloaded the programs awhile back but with my luck the phone wont just stop working it'll explode (no kidding). Is it that easy to jb the iPhone?

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Yes, it is. Back when I had my iPhone, the whole JB process took less than 5 minutes.
Just to make sure exactly which files do I need to download?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
there are sections for talking about jailbreaking apps, questions, themes, etc. they are located

here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/forums/iphone-jailbreak/

and here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/forums/iphone-apps-and-games/

lets try to post in the right sections, its not that hard. plus you will get more hits on your threads. not to mention try to use the search function as your topic has most likely already been covered and there is A LOT of information on here about every app it seems like.

lild7hina

Bronze
Oct 28, 2007
i remember the safari exploit back in firmware 1.1 for the first iPhone and ipod touch.... and unlocking and jailbreaking the phone w/o connecting to the computer... the good old days.. but yeah jailbreaking now is pretty easy still just plug in and follow instructions

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
i remember the safari exploit back in firmware 1.1 for the first iPhone and ipod touch.... and unlocking and jailbreaking the phone w/o connecting to the computer... the good old days.. but yeah jailbreaking now is pretty easy still just plug in and follow instructions
Careful lil you might upset one of the members who finds it necessary to police the forum and remind everyone to stay on topic but has on several occasions veered off topic himself but thanks for you input :rolleyes:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
Careful lil you might upset one of the members who finds it necessary to police the forum and remind everyone to stay on topic but has on several occasions veered off topic himself but thanks for you input :rolleyes:
veering off topic is one thing, but posting crap in the absolute wrong sections is another. there is a reason we have sections, i thought i made it pretty clear in my post some of them, but if you need further clarification, feel free to pm me.