Apps frozen at Sept 15

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
For the past couple of days, when I look to see what new apps have been added, I only get apps up through sept 15th. It used to update daily and now its froze at the 15? Anyone else had this problem?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Yep, noticed it this morning. It is probably just a glitch in the system and will hopefully be corrected soon. At least I hope so. As it is now, there is no way to see new apps. Very frustrating.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Well, I think the whole system is on an overhaul. I noticed that there haven't been any new apps for the 27th so I think something's up with a BIG update.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
good point jarofclay... I hope it's a big useful update. Kinda stinks not being able to peruse the new releases.

sim

Aug 19, 2008
Rochester, MN
The date thing isn't broken anymore.....the whole "All iPhone Apps" is just plain gone. The entire box with it and the free apps is now missing from my iTunes.

Steve

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The date thing isn't broken anymore.....the whole "All iPhone Apps" is just plain gone. The entire box with it and the free apps is now missing from my iTunes.

Steve
I guess I was right - there was an overhaul in the works - but not exactly what I had mind. I had hopes for something GOOD.

Oh well... I'm using this site to check out the new apps: http://www.app-to-date.com/

The sucky thing is that the site doesn't have the price but it's a great place to check out features in one fell swoop.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I guess I was right - there was an overhaul in the works - but not exactly what I had mind. I had hopes for something GOOD.

Oh well... I'm using this site to check out the new apps: http://www.app-to-date.com/

The sucky thing is that the site doesn't have the price but it's a great place to check out features in one fell swoop.
my RSS feed for apps has stopped putting updates on it.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Yes something is definitley up. Not being able to see all iPhone apps by release date completley sucks. I wonder if Apple has cut the number of apps and don't want us to realize it. I had an app called "Bible Verse of the Day". It no longer works. I uninstalled and reinstalled. You can still find the app by doing a search in iTunes. I tried clicking the web page and support and the links don't work anymore. The search shows that the app is in Lifestyle. When I look in Lifestyle in the app store it is no longer there. Pisses me off!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yes something is definitley up. Not being able to see all iPhone apps by release date completley sucks. I wonder if Apple has cut the number of apps and don't want us to realize it. I had an app called "Bible Verse of the Day". It no longer works. I uninstalled and reinstalled. You can still find the app by doing a search in iTunes. I tried clicking the web page and support and the links don't work anymore. The search shows that the app is in Lifestyle. When I look in Lifestyle in the app store it is no longer there. Pisses me off!
I hope you didn't have to pay for this one... :(

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What the hell is going on? Now when you go to the App Store, you no longer have the " all free apps" and " all iPhone apps" links to chose from. These were on the left side just above categories.:mad:

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
I can pull up all free apps but how do you find recently added apps. Before they changed it, we got the apps by date and knew which ones were new.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
makes you wonder if maybe those few people that are having problems with the few glitches that still showed up after the 2.1 are running the same app(s) and Apple is going through everything to find out if someones code is buggy.
It stands to reason that it's more likely a 3rd party thing than the os

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Well my Bible Verse app is working again. It really does irk me that you can't pull up all iPhone apps by release date. What is going on?

sim

Aug 19, 2008
Rochester, MN
Something odd is up. There really wasn't squat for new Apps over the weekend.

Steve

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I guess the reason I liked to "old" way better is because it allowed me to see an app I might have missed before it was updated. This system allowed me to view lots of apps that were new to me. I don't have time to go through all the pages of apps to see what's out there.
Having said this, I do understand the reasoning for the change.