Apps gaining support for 3D Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Rafagon, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Post about any apps that have newly gained support for 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

Facebook has rolled out support for 3D Touch, offering shortcuts for posting statuses, photos, and videos.

14551-10187-Screen_Shot_2015-10-12_at_83919_AM-l-1.jpg
    Image Credit: Daily Dot

#1 Rafagon, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

3. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

Launcher

4. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

WhatsApp

Full changelog
    Here’s what’s new in WhatsApp 2.12.8:
    • 3D Touch: Support for 3D Touch on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. You can now quickly Peek and Pop pictures, videos, links, contact cards, and locations you send and receive in chats.
    • The WhatsApp interface is now mirrored and optimized for right-to-left languages like Arabic (iOS 9+).
    • Bug fixes

Day One (journaling app)

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Tweetbot updated today with 3D touch support..

IMG_0005.jpg

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is that the $5 Tweetbot 4? I've got Tweetbot 3 and it doesn't have 3D touch. This company is in the habit of charging for their updates every couple years.

Edit: Just updated to 4 for the 3D Touch. Pretty sure this is the 4th time I've paid for Tweetbot.

#7 Europa, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah, I'm getting tired of their constant money grab.. I had to buy it twice on my Mac, at $20 a pop and now 4 times on the iPhone... I doubt I'll buy the next version and will probably just switch over to the free Twitter app once Tweetbot 4 runs it's course..

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I do understand charging for big updates, but most companies give you a discount if you own the previous version of their app/software. Tweetbot charges full price each time. That's what irks me. I'm not sure if swipe back capabilities in the browser and 3D Touch are worth $5. I haven't noticed any other differences.

10. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I would not have a problem paying a few bucks for major updates but $5 a year is getting old...

They might as well just change it to a yearly subscription at $5 a year and you get all updates. At least that way buyers know what they are getting into..

I've dropped $60 on them and while the Mac and iPhone apps are beautiful, I do not think they are worth what I've spent.

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You must really like that Tweetbot! Is it that much better than the official free Twitter client? I don't reallly use Twitter often enough to warrant spending any amount of money on any Twitter app.

#11 Rafagon, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Tweetbot rules.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Pffft. :D

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I like the landscape view with the split screen.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444874647.235516.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444874656.532992.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444874667.699778.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444874675.635754.jpg

15. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

The Navigon (North America) and IMDb apps have gained 3D Touch support.

image.png image.png

• List
  16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I know I stated "third-party apps" in my original post, but I'm going to go ahead and mention the iWork suite of apps (Numbers, Keynote, and Pages) for iOS (they aren't third-party apps, but they aren't pre-installed apps, either). They were endowed with support for 3D Touch yesterday.

Incidentally, their OS X counterparts also received updates yesterday.

17. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I love Tweetbot.. The iOS and Mac apps are gorgeous, function well, sync between each other using iCloud and support is top notch. My issue is the constant $$$ grab which is becoming more and more mainstream these days I suppose..

18. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Here's a few:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445141422.208560.jpg

19. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I think it's a fair price, and I've bought Tweetbot a few times even though I don't use it regularly (and as iOS 9 trends toward direct app links, I imagine I'll trend toward the Twitter app itself more).

This comes up every time they release a major new version. I am totally supportive of developers trying to find the balance between making enough money to keep doing their jobs, and pissing off their users. In the grand scheme of things, paying another $5 for something you get a year's worth of use out of (or more, if you stick with an old version) is pretty cheap.

I'm always a little surprised at how some people won't bat an eyelash at paying $650+ every year or two for a new iPhone, but paying $5 per year for one of the best, if not the best, Twitter apps is shocking and horrifying.

Hey, at least it's not gone freemium. Can you imagine if every retweet, every tap, every reload or scroll used up some energy, and you had to pay $5 for an energy refill that would give you maybe another 20-30 minutes or so of usage? That's what it's like playing games on iOS anymore, because gamers decided that $10, or $5, even $1 is too much to pay up front for a game.

It worries me that this same mindset toward the apps could drive the good ones out of business.

20. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Telegram got updated with 3D Touch quick shortcuts (recent chats) and peek/pop previews in the chat list

• List