Apps gaining support for 3D Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Rafagon, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

The only one I can think of is if you use Firefox on your computer or other devices you can sync your bookmarks/tabs. I use Chrome on my Mac and have Chrome installed on my iPhone for this reason, though I still use Mobile Safari for 99.9% of my iPhone web browsing because of its integration with iOS.

2. radtechy01

radtechy01 Member
    Bronze

Opera many also syncs with your regular browser

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

There are some things you can do in Chrome or some other browsers that don't work in Safari. For example, using YouTube in Chrome you can make it so it will play anywhere else in your phone as Music does. Doesn't work in Safari.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

iOS 9.3 enables 3D Touch quick actions for some existing stock apps, including App Store, Weather, Health, Settings, and yes, even the Compass. Need to make sure something is perfectly level and in a hurry? Now you’ll be able to reach the level feature of the Compass app with both celerity and style.

Here are screenshots showing the new 3D Touch quick actions for the aforementioned apps:

App Store.PNG Weather.PNG Health.PNG Settings.PNG Compass.PNG

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

TapaTalk. It shows the top 4 forums on your forum list. So you can rearrange the list as suited. Andy at TapaTalk agreed that adding a shortcut to a subforum would be nice. So watch for that soon.
    [​IMG]

7. Qbnkelt

Qbnkelt New Member

@Ledsteplin....sorry to derail but....you seem strangely familiar.....

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I recently discovered that Calculator has a 3D Touch function. You can request to copy the result of the most recent calculation to the clipboard via 3D Touch.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Me...familiar? Lol! Hey, Lil!

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

MacHash has just gained 3D Touch support. Plus, articles now display in a built-in browser without ads. Great job, MacHash! I might just give you a good rating.

image.png

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

They deserved a good rating a long time ago, in my opinion.

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I didn’t think they were awful before—I would’ve given them a 3. With today’s update, they’ve earned a 5.

It kinda sucked that I paid (I believe it was a hefty $3 or $4) for ad removal yet I still got ads whenever I tapped on an article to read it. I found myself having to “Open in Safari” to get in-article ads removed. After the update, it seems they’re routing everything through Safari (along with your Safari ad-blocker of choice) so ads get removed without having to flip back and forth between the app and Safari. Heck, now you can even tell it to automatically go into Reader View if available, which is great for those of us who hate all the extraneous crap getting in the way of text.

It’s a truly great update, finally letting the app take advantage of the latest iOS technologies. Here’s a screenshot of the change log (missing app icon courtesy of Apple).

IMG_1124.PNG

#72 Rafagon, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

About that MacHash update…

IMG_1123.PNG

The developers setting “Rate App” as one of the 3D Touch Quick Actions (the first on the list, to be exact) was original (and somewhat sly), but that’s about it. I have two complaints about the developers wasting a 3D Touch Quick Action on “Rate App”:
    • Tapping on it does not take you directly to the “Write a Review” screen, which is where rating the app actually happens. It takes you to the app’s page on the App Store, but you still have to perform two more taps before you get to the “Write a Review” screen. Oh, and yeah, you’ll also have to enter your Apple ID password as usual before you’re allowed to write (or update) your review. So, that “Quick Action” was really not that quick of an action, after all.
    • 3D Touch Quick Actions should be reserved for functions that the user is going to use often. How many times are they expecting me to want to update my review of their app?

#73 Rafagon, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

World-famous word game Words With Friends has recently gained 3D Touch support:

IMG_3370.PNG

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

TapaTalk
    Shows the top 4 forums in your list. The same shows as a widget.

[​IMG]

18. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

"Everything iPhone?”

You should click on that Feedback button/bar and tell them to fix the name of eiC. :D

19. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold