Apps messing up / Different titles and pictures

Jul 19, 2009
I made a thread on this a while back, but I suppose I didn't go into detail enough. I recently upgraded from a first gen iPhone to the 3GS. I wanted the new "feel" to it, so I created a different iTunes account for my new 3GS. In other words, I didn't want all of my old songs or apps that I had on my first gen.

Sadly, After downloading apps from the app store on my new phone, the titles would randomly change to old apps that I had downloaded on my first gen. I ended up deleting almost all of my old apps off both iTunes and my new phone, just because it was getting so annoying.

But even now, my app titles and images are still messing up. For example, if I downloaded "Fieldrunners" but got tired of it and deleted it off my phone, only to download another app such as "Paper Toss" the next day, shortly after downloading "Paper Toss," it's title would suddenly change to "Fieldrunners" out of no where.

Sorry if this seems confusing, it's hard for me to explain it. I tried re-syncing my phone and messing around with it many times, but idk what else to do. Can anyone help me out here? I feel stupid when people ask to see my 3GS, only to see blank apps.

Here's a picture of my problem:

I'm guessing maybe it's because I created a different iTunes account instead of sticking with my original? I have no idea. I'm dumb, help meee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
The problem is probably that all the stuff you download from iTunes goes to the same folder on your PC. So even though you created a new account the stuff is all mixed together. I could be wrong so find the iTunes stuff on your PC and see. If it is separate then you may wanna go ahead and delete the old stuff if you're sure you don't want it.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I thought about restore as new but isn't that what had to happen in the first place with a new iTunes account?

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
This happened to me in a much lesser way (had 3 apps like sharing icons/names). I uninstalled all the apps, deleted the files, turned off the phone, turned the phone back on, synced without the apps, re-downloaded the apps, synced again and no more problems.