Apps Not Showing on iPhone 4 (4.3.2)

1. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I've had this issue for awhile now, but am just now wanting to fix it. I have like 8 pages of apps; don't ask why (I just like to have apps). Every time I download a new app through the App Store it does not appear on my iPhone but when i do the "Search" function I can see it and use it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

You must have put it in some folder. Check the folders.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Nope I have no folders. I do not use folders. Every time I download an App it doesn't show up on my iPhone but I find it and can see it when I use the "Search" function.

5. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

That might be your problem.
    I have 2 suggestions: one would be to connect to iTunes and under the apps section on the phone, see how many pages you have and if the apps you're looking for are on the last page(s). If so, then you have your answer. You went beyond the 9 pages Apple allows.
    Make 2folders and move the appropriate apps to them. (games, utilities, etc). And then drag the apps from the last page to an earlier one and sync.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're right. Thanks for your help. I have 11 pages and the rest of the apps are not showing. I should delete apps I never use. But I like a lot of apps. Especially since it doesn't really slow phone down.

7. Navaskdl

Navaskdl Member
    Bronze

Good to know!

8. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

You don't have to delete the apps, you can deselect them to reduce the number of pages on the phone.

9. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

well, he would have to delete them off the phone, not out of iTunes. I have over 260 apps in iTunes, but 154 installed on my phone

10. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

I have a similar number of apps, I just deselect the ones I don't want from iTunes to keep them off the phone and it works fine for me, I have 99 apps on my phone with a few folders.

11. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Yes, deselecting them in iTunes is deleting them from the phone.

12. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Over 120 apps, No spotlight, Only 1 page, with no apps or folders showing.. obviously I'm jailbroken loving it

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Why would you not want the apps or anything showing?

And yes, I just deleted some of the applications that I have never used (Pointless Apps).

14. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Hi...I like using "tweaks" to modify my iPhone browsing experience....currently into a really minimalist type look... This is my current default page.

[​IMG]

The Dock(above pic) is scrollable, scroll to the left will give me 4 folders holding all my apps, scroll to right will give me iPod control/access. I like to access my apps via "activation gestures".

[​IMG]

All my apps can sit on the side scrolling dock if I wanted...At the moment I've got about 16 app that I use constantly. I use a lot of activation gestures...

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Look's cool, but I like to have all my apps in pages. However, I did put all my games in folders today which organized a lot and made less pages. How can I change the name of a folder?

16. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Press and hold the folder, it will pop up with all the apps wiggling. You will see the name of the folder, click in that box and you can rename from there.

17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Thanks for your help. I figured it out last night. :)