Apps not working well on iOS 8 beta 5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shanezam203

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
Hi All, I was hesitant to load a beta firmware of iOS 8 but I was assured it was close to 100%.

I am having issues with Evernote, Hangouts, Voxer, Google Drive and a few other apps.

1. Evernote, when I edit and add to a document it takes my typing but the View goes to bottom or top and I cant see what I am typing.
  2. Voxer I have a hard time with the PTT button and typing, larger than 1 line I lose visibility of what I typed until I push Return.
  3. Hangouts works fine for IM but I now can not attach a photo from my camera roll, when I go into it I just see an hourglass spinning.
  4. Google Drive would Close sometimes if I am uploading pics or click on an image.
Any thoughts on how to resolve these, I tried deleting the apps and reinstalling from iPhone but that didn't help, should I push down from iTunes? I am on the latest iOS 8 beta.

thank you,

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Not sure where you got your information about it being 'close to 100%'. Sure it's much improved over the previous beta releases, but only Apple knows at what point a beta is close to final. I suspect we are one, possibly two releases until it's final, but that's just guessing based on the calendar.

Developers are releasing apps now for iOS 7. So while they are likely working on making their apps compatible with iOS 8, there's no incentive for them to push those releases.

I wish I could provide you with a fix, but I think it's more a symptom of installing beta software. Not all features work as intended and your experience could be impacted by instability. My experiences with iOS 8 have been no different. It lives up to the beta tag.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Facebook just came up with an updated... Do not update if on beta 5
It's constantly crashed Facebook !!!

Shanezam203

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
Anyone else using Hangouts and having a hard time with sending pictures on new ios8 and camera roll/ recent pics? there is no longer a photo stream or camera roll just recent pics and deleted. strange to anyone else, not able to send or load media library in Hangouts?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Anyone else using Hangouts and having a hard time with sending pictures on new ios8 and camera roll/ recent pics? there is no longer a photo stream or camera roll just recent pics and deleted. strange to anyone else, not able to send or load media library in Hangouts?
That may not be an iOS 8 issue. The 3rd party app developers can't yet submit updates for iOS 8. You'll see a flood of app updates at release time.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I don't seem to really have many issues, except for Kindle. When I open it, it crashes immediately, I can then close and open it and its fine. Can't wait till everything is all official. Otherwise beta 5 hasn't been that bad for me