Apps not working well on iOS 8 beta 5

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Shanezam203, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member
    Bronze

Hi All, I was hesitant to load a beta firmware of iOS 8 but I was assured it was close to 100%.

I am having issues with Evernote, Hangouts, Voxer, Google Drive and a few other apps.

1. Evernote, when I edit and add to a document it takes my typing but the View goes to bottom or top and I cant see what I am typing.
    2. Voxer I have a hard time with the PTT button and typing, larger than 1 line I lose visibility of what I typed until I push Return.
    3. Hangouts works fine for IM but I now can not attach a photo from my camera roll, when I go into it I just see an hourglass spinning.
    4. Google Drive would Close sometimes if I am uploading pics or click on an image.
    Any thoughts on how to resolve these, I tried deleting the apps and reinstalling from iPhone but that didn't help, should I push down from iTunes? I am on the latest iOS 8 beta.

thank you,

Shane

#1 Shanezam203, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Not sure where you got your information about it being 'close to 100%'. Sure it's much improved over the previous beta releases, but only Apple knows at what point a beta is close to final. I suspect we are one, possibly two releases until it's final, but that's just guessing based on the calendar.

Developers are releasing apps now for iOS 7. So while they are likely working on making their apps compatible with iOS 8, there's no incentive for them to push those releases.

I wish I could provide you with a fix, but I think it's more a symptom of installing beta software. Not all features work as intended and your experience could be impacted by instability. My experiences with iOS 8 have been no different. It lives up to the beta tag.

3. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Facebook just came up with an updated... Do not update if on beta 5
    It's constantly crashed Facebook !!!

4. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 Member
    Bronze

Anyone else using Hangouts and having a hard time with sending pictures on new ios8 and camera roll/ recent pics? there is no longer a photo stream or camera roll just recent pics and deleted. strange to anyone else, not able to send or load media library in Hangouts?

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That may not be an iOS 8 issue. The 3rd party app developers can't yet submit updates for iOS 8. You'll see a flood of app updates at release time.

6. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

humm maybe that's why they call it "beta"?

7. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

So far my only real problem app is WhatsApp...it's crashing hard in group messages. Seems to be fine with individual messaging.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've seen others with WhatsApp issues on beta as well. I'm sure the Devs will have it worked out by release time.

9. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

Oh I have no doubt they will. Gonna have to deal with it a bit though as I use it so much. Otherwise, Beta 5 seems pretty solid on my phone.

10. coinstar99

coinstar99 Member
    Bronze

I don't seem to really have many issues, except for Kindle. When I open it, it crashes immediately, I can then close and open it and its fine. Can't wait till everything is all official. Otherwise beta 5 hasn't been that bad for me