Apps R.I.P. - Apps That Are No More

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Let's remember the apps that have been pulled from the App Store. Hopefully some of the more useful ones will be back.

BoxOffice - You're one of the first apps I got, and I still think you're the best movie showtime app. I'm going to hold onto you for as long as possible.

NetShare - Although I had no use for you, evidently a lot of people did.

I Am Rich - Good riddance! :laugh2:

Whip - You should have known George Lucas would come after you once people started paying for this app. Maybe you would have been around if you weren't so greedy.

CrazyLighter - I'm not sure why you're not around but I still think you're a fun app. Especially when I play "Faithfully" from my iPod. Perhaps when you became a paid ap, that left you open to some kind of copyright infringement.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
yeah, God forbid we offend anyone when no one was forcing anyone to download it .....

It is dumb, but you know what I mean?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You'll want to add PhoneSaber to your list.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
You'll want to add PhoneSaber to your list.
yeah, that was one of the better of the "useless" apps :(

but they said they were going to be working with lucas to make an official star wars branded app. so it may not be gone for good

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Now with Lucas branding it, it will be a $9.99 app that does the same thing, lol. Oh well.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Now with Lucas branding it, it will be a $9.99 app that does the same thing, lol. Oh well.
Then later he will re-release it with "new" things added and say that was the way he intended the app to be but didn't have the technology back then to do it.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Then later he will re-release it with "new" things added and say that was the way he intended the app to be but didn't have the technology back then to do it.
:laugh2: That's funny.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I have amazed many people with my Phone Saber app!

Does anyone know why BoxOffice got taken down from the appStore? I tried looking for it online, but nothing.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Same with NetShare. I was able to snag NetShare prior to it being pulled and I have synced my phone numerous times and have not lost it. Then again it is a paid App so I would certainly expect a refund if Apple unsynced it.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I sync'd yesterday and I still have phonesaber, but its okay if they take down this app and take it off my phone when i sync.

There is still isaber ;) at least, for now.....

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Wow, I can't believe you guys actually like phone saber. That had to be one of the worst apps! I d/l it and about 5 mins later it was uninstalled.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Wow, I can't believe you guys actually like phone saber. That had to be one of the worst apps! I d/l it and about 5 mins later it was uninstalled.

it was a really cool app for star wars geeks, it did one thing and it did it really well , the developer had updates on it too , and it was free!