Apps showing diffrent apps.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I don't know why but my comcast app is showing up as police scanner and its like dimmed. Check out the attached picture I also have one other app that is doing the same thing. I tried re downloading and sync but nothing worked ? Any suggestions ?

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I guess I am just going to tranfers all of my purchased apps and then re sync and see if this takes care of my issue has this happened to anyone else ?

harris218

Aug 31, 2009
This happened with my Sportacular app. When deleting the Memory Sweep app my icon for Spartacular changed to the Memory Sweep icon. I had to delete the app from iTunes then reinstall. It took several times for it to finally go back to normal. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Yeah I got all of them fixed except for my asphalt racing game that I purchased and it still is acting retarded.

rfischer2

Jun 22, 2009
You can try this. I did this and it worked great. NOTE>>before doing this be sure to take down any settings in applications as it erases settings.
1) Plug iPhone to your machine - let it do a sync
2) Now under the Applications Tab turn off the sync all applications button
3) It will warn you that it will remove all applications - this means purchased apps not the default apps that come on the phone.
4) Let it sync
5) Go back in to Aplications tab and turn back on the sync all applications
6) Resync the phone.
They'll all be back to normal.
In my case it even put them back on the same page in the same place.

Good luck.

i_chillin

Bronze
Jun 24, 2009
San Diego
My wifes phone just started doing this. I will have to give rfischer2 fix a try.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I just returned my iPhone at the ATT store and just picked up another one. I think I got a bad one out of the batch they were able to help me out and I got all my issue's fixed. Hopefully I wont have anymore problems.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Happened to my iPhone three times, just did a quick restore

CK6Speed

Aug 31, 2009
Happens to my 3GS iPhone every couple of weeks since I bought it new about 18 months ago. So far my fix has been to either delete the app from the iPhone, then resync to load it back on. Or if I'm actually at my computer I simply sync with the specific problem app unchecked in iTunes to remove it from the phone, then resync again with it checked to reload it. I'm not sure what causes it, but about every other week I find one of my apps like that. In my 18 months of ownership I've seen it about 5 times already.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Yeah I found out though that sometimes even after removing it from your phone and re syncing sometimes that doesn't even fix the problem. We need a software fix.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
A restore would have fixed it. I think getting a replacement phone was completely unnecessary.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
A restore would have fixed it. I think getting a replacement phone was completely unnecessary.
I didn't just a get a replacement for that issue I was having several other issues as well that one just topped it off.

I would press the wake button and phone would lag 5-10 seconds and then respond to wake up.

Also happened to me twice I was receiving calls the screen went blank and the phone keep vibrating I had to hold sleep and home key to reset.

For a phone that's 4 days old that does not sound good IMO. My boy works at ATT and he was able to give me a quick replacement however he did state that if I have anymore issue's I would have to deal with Apple.

P.S. Anyone help me real quick so I don't have to start a whole new thread I have 2 unsent messages in my mailbox and I tried deleting the account and re creating it again thinking that would resolve my issue but it did not and its driving me crazy how can I delete those unsent messages ? Thanks:(

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
OMG! This happen to me again today with like 4 diffrent apps of mine were showing diffrent. I tried syncing and deleting and seemed to fix my problem with all of the apps except for one. I hate when it does this hopefully a software update will fix this.

ihack

Bronze
Nov 7, 2008
Orange Park, FL
I just deleted a free app. Then redowloaded it from the app store and all was fixed.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I just deleted a free app. Then redowloaded it from the app store and all was fixed.
Yeah what I had to do was delete all of my apps and then re sync using iTunes and it seemed to fix my problem all except for one app and I just deleted that app anyways because it was free and I never use it but still its the point hopefully with the next software update this issue can get fixed.

BTW when is the next software update going to be released does anyone know ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The date hasn't been released yet. I'm guessing late Sept.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I restored as a new phone months ago and cured the problem permanently. Maybe a little drastic, but it worked for me.
done a restore twice already and setup as new iPhone and it took about 1 month before it happened again...

i wonder what causes this.