Apps won't open or load on my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JaniceH, Apr 18, 2012.

1. JaniceH

JaniceH Member
    Bronze

I have been having an annoying problem with my iPad 1st gen . It's running with the latest iOS . My problem is that it won't load anything . You can click into any app ( mail, Facebook, weather, app store etc. ) and all it does is spin it's wheel . It never actually loads anything . I have reset it once, erased all content and settings once and it works properly for a short time then starts the spinning routine again ..? Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated ... Thanks .

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Apple's support site indicates it could be an Apple ID related issue. Have you tried downloading a new app and see if that app loads. If that works, then it might be related to association with another ID or not correctly associating with your ID.

From Apple:

If all user-installed apps are not launching, it could be an Apple ID authorization issue. Download and install an app that isn't already installed on your device to reset this information.
    Note: If you have installed apps using multiple Apple ID accounts, you may need to perform this step for each account.

3. JaniceH

JaniceH Member
    Bronze

When I erased all the content and settings I did the set up as a new iPad .. Inputed all my id's and stuff from scratch . Loaded all my apps over again . even the factory apps ( like mail, weather and app store ) will not load . Can't figure it out .

4. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Ok so you have reset the iPad like new and the stock apps open for a short period of time and then even they stop working? I suggest that you reset it again and then leave it with the stock apps for a few days to see if it is working good with just them. Don't sync anything at all to the iPad. If it works good then the problem is probably an app or two that you've downloaded that aren't compatible with the iPad 1 and somehow they have made it through the App Store's scrutiny.