Apps won't update from phone and won't transfer from iTunes help!

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
1st of all i downloaded an app (tris the tetris riproff) then while that was happening my phone rebooted then never came back on it just sated on the Apple screen no matter how many restarts i did. i restored (last save was aug 4th) then when i came back there was quite a few updates for all my apps since then. now when i try to update them i get this message "unable to download app (so n so app) for the iPhone. this will be avaliable for download when you log into the iTunes stores on your computer" so i just went to the computer and redownloaded all the apps so it would update them with the newest version. when i sync it says updating "so n so App" but after sync is done i get the message saying some apps could not be transferred. 24 to be exact so now im just stuck with the last update i had since the back up file. anyone know how to get the newest updated apps over to my phone? Thanks..

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I'm going through this exact problem, if you want you can google the error code and see if any of those solutions help. Unfortunately that didn't work for me, the only fix I have found for now is to delete the app off of the phone (tap and hold an app until they all wiggle then tap the x on the top left corner of the app), then sync. That usually works for me. I hope someone figures out a more permanent fix, it's pretty annoying.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I'm having the same problem. Also, when I purchase an app through the phone it will not allow me to sync the app. I have to delete it & re-purchase it again through iTunes.

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Did all of you guys update to 2.0.2 software yet. I had the same issues with all my apps, but since I updated they have been syncing properly and my updates seems to transfer now.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
iTunes shows me how many apps need an update but which I click on the update button it says there's no apps to update.

Right now, I'm updating on my phone and syncing and that fixes the updates on iTunes. I would love to update on iTunes though.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Did all of you guys update to 2.0.2 software yet. I had the same issues with all my apps, but since I updated they have been syncing properly and my updates seems to transfer now.

I have updated to 2.0.2. I've even reinstalled iTunes & it still gives me errors. It started when 2.0.1 update came out.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
I am on 2.0.2 and not able to update via the phone. My phone says I have 2 updates, but iTunes does not show anything. It's really annoying because some of my paid apps have updates and i can't get them.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I am on 2.0.2 and not able to update via the phone. My phone says I have 2 updates, but iTunes does not show anything. It's really annoying because some of my paid apps have updates and i can't get them.
I also had a paid app that had an update. When I tried to update via the phone it gave some error saying that it would be avail through iTunes to update then when I tried through iTunes it gave me some other error code. I just deleted the app out of iTunes & on the phone & re-installed it through iTunes.

You won't be charged again if you redownload it.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
anyone find a fix for this that doesn't require deleting apps?

Feb 18, 2009
Apps wont update

It is possible that you could have user restrictions set up on your iPhone. I restricted mine because I have children who like to download apps on my phone. I kept running into the same problem until I remembered that I had enabled my restrictions. Anyway, this may not be your problem, but it may help someone else. :p