AppStore issue blank icons

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by jareknyc, Oct 10, 2015.

1. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Hey guys this is new for me now in last 2 days blank icons in my AppStore when I scroll down like one week ago for updates all good everything is showing but resent stuff all blank restart didn't help :/

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1444466210.908669.jpg

2. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I've seen that but only momentarily. The pictures fill in after a second at most. I'm thinking its a network/signal issue. Does the same thing happen if you're on WiFi?

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I get those all the time (on Wi-Fi)… in the Updates tab, just like you. I believe I've seen them both on apps waiting to be updated (with the "Update" button next to them), and also post-updating (with the "Open" button next to them).

The issues sometimes resolves on its own if I scroll up and down the list several times. Otherwise, force-quitting the App Store app (via the App Switcher) and restarting it should resolve it. Other than looking unsightly and being an obvious bug, I think it has no negative side effects. I also experienced this on my previous iPhone (a 6 Plus) while on iOS 8.x.

IMG_0054.PNG

4. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

3 days still the same,

5. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

All empty except my older ones from like week ago

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Force-quitting the App Store app (double-click the home button, find the card for the App Store app, swipe it up) did not resolve it?

Update: Never mind. I was wrong. I am experiencing the issue right now, and force-quitting the App Store app is not resolving it:

IMG_0068.PNG

#6 Rafagon, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  7. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Yeah did it all did also reset network that didn't help

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm sure Apple is aware. It'll probably be fixed in the next update. Mine do it too.

9. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

I have same issue with App Store and the app switcher.

10. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Same issue here.

11. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

It's not really the update, after I updated my phone everything was working fine until 2 3 days ago

12. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

Have you tried to reset your device yet? I'm hesitant about erasing all content and settings but I've tried everything else.

13. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I have 210 apps. I started all from 0 with the new iPhone 6s, I didn't back up from my old phone. It took me literally hours and hours to put them in folders the way I like. To this point I have tried all the easy tricks and didn't solve the problem. I will wait for updates to see if it gets fix. That apps in blank happens to me only in the App Store before and after I update. I still can use them and they all show up in any other place but in the App Store. To this point I will just wait : (

14. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

Same here. It's not that big a deal, just a little annoying. Hopefully they squash this bug with the next update. GL.

15. TudorJ

TudorJ New Member

Same here, both on new iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2. I can get most of them filled in, except some of the latest ones, by scrolling the screen up and down about four times.

16. Appleaday

Appleaday New Member

I have the same thing on a 6 Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. pietroune

pietroune New Member

Yeah, it's probably a network issue. I can get most of them filled in, except some of the latest ones.