AppStore issue blank icons

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
Hey guys this is new for me now in last 2 days blank icons in my AppStore when I scroll down like one week ago for updates all good everything is showing but resent stuff all blank restart didn't help :/

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1444466210.908669.jpg

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I've seen that but only momentarily. The pictures fill in after a second at most. I'm thinking its a network/signal issue. Does the same thing happen if you're on WiFi?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I get those all the time (on Wi-Fi)… in the Updates tab, just like you. I believe I've seen them both on apps waiting to be updated (with the "Update" button next to them), and also post-updating (with the "Open" button next to them).

The issues sometimes resolves on its own if I scroll up and down the list several times. Otherwise, force-quitting the App Store app (via the App Switcher) and restarting it should resolve it. Other than looking unsightly and being an obvious bug, I think it has no negative side effects. I also experienced this on my previous iPhone (a 6 Plus) while on iOS 8.x.

IMG_0054.PNG

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
3 days still the same,
Force-quitting the App Store app (double-click the home button, find the card for the App Store app, swipe it up) did not resolve it?

Update: Never mind. I was wrong. I am experiencing the issue right now, and force-quitting the App Store app is not resolving it:

IMG_0068.PNG

Last edited:

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
Have you tried to reset your device yet? I'm hesitant about erasing all content and settings but I've tried everything else.
I have 210 apps. I started all from 0 with the new iPhone 6s, I didn't back up from my old phone. It took me literally hours and hours to put them in folders the way I like. To this point I have tried all the easy tricks and didn't solve the problem. I will wait for updates to see if it gets fix. That apps in blank happens to me only in the App Store before and after I update. I still can use them and they all show up in any other place but in the App Store. To this point I will just wait : (

Sschep1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I have 210 apps. I started all from 0 with the new iPhone 6s, I didn't back up from my old phone. It took me literally hours and hours to put them in folders the way I like. To this point I have tried all the easy tricks and didn't solve the problem. I will wait for updates to see if it gets fix. That apps in blank happens to me only in the App Store before and after I update. I still can use them and they all show up in any other place but in the App Store. To this point I will just wait : (
Same here. It's not that big a deal, just a little annoying. Hopefully they squash this bug with the next update. GL.

TudorJ

Jul 19, 2011
London UK
Same here, both on new iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2. I can get most of them filled in, except some of the latest ones, by scrolling the screen up and down about four times.

pietroune

Oct 4, 2015
I've seen that but only momentarily. The pictures fill in after a second at most. I'm thinking its a network/signal issue. Does the same thing happen if you're on WiFi?
Yeah, it's probably a network issue. I can get most of them filled in, except some of the latest ones.