AppSwitcher.....the jailbreak way

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It was just released today. It looks like a really nice app. Unfortunately, it's 6.x only.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
This was a concept a few months ago, I can't deny it's absolutely awesome! This is definitely something which would work great on my iPhone 5!

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
It was just released today. It looks like a really nice app. Unfortunately, it's 6.x only.
IOS5.x.x support due out next week...;)

3 or 4 good quality jailbreak tweaks/utilities/themes can really enhance the feel of the iDevice...... lets just hope a jailbreak arrives early in the new year for all devices...:D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It looks gimmicky to me. Am I really going to be interested in looking at the current state of an app in the multitasking dock?
There's more to it than that. It's nice to be able to see if the apps are running/frozen or fully closed, it includes toggles, which you can access by swiping to the left once, and it makes closing apps much easier than it is with the stock method. You just swipe a card down and it closes. No pressing and holding and then tapping the red x. There is an option for closing all apps at once and it has a brightness level slider.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
According to the most recent Shrink update, it's now compatible with Auxo.

The Auxo description still says it's incompatible, although maybe it just needs to be updated.

Anyone wanna test it and report back?
I uninstalled Springtomize and installed Shrink. It seems to be compatible with Auxo. The only issue is that it shifts the app icons down on the Auxo cards so they are behind the text (if you have app switcher labels enabled) and a shadow of where the icons should be is visible. Everything on the homescreen is fine. I tried multiple settings to fix the appearance of the task switcher cards/icons and the best I could come up with is changing the app switcher icon percentage to 75%. This aligns it with the text and it fits perfectly on the squares. However, it causes a black bar at the top of the cards. This black bar looks better than the icon misalignment, shadows, and overlapping text, IMO.

image.jpg

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I have a 4S on 6.1 and I'm getting the occasional springboard crash to safe made while double clicking the home button to access the app switcher.

JB apps installed..
Auxo
Shrink
LockInfo 5
Infinifolders
BiteSMS
Activator
Bars
Bytafont
Cyntact
iFile
Pandoraskips

Is anyone else experiencing this? All apps are on their latest version, any known incompatabilities?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
According to the most recent Shrink update, it's now compatible with Auxo.

The Auxo description still says it's incompatible, although maybe it just needs to be updated.

Anyone wanna test it and report back?
Yesterday's Shrink update fixed the Auxo card problem I described a couple days ago. :)

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I have a 4S on 6.1 and I'm getting the occasional springboard crash to safe made while double clicking the home button to access the app switcher.

JB apps installed..
Auxo
Shrink
LockInfo 5
Infinifolders
BiteSMS
Activator
Bars
Bytafont
Cyntact
iFile
Pandoraskips

Is anyone else experiencing this? All apps are on their latest version, any known incompatabilities?
If anyone else experiences this...I emailed the developer and they responded (same day, on a Sunday no less) that they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
Sorry to go off topic, but why is this thread not mobile compliant? I noticed it with a few lately. I'm using mobile 2 EiC. chris any ideas?
If you're using the App Store eic app, it's because Apple wouldn't allow it in with access to the jailbreak section of the forums.

The two workarounds to this are:

1. Access the mobile site through Safari (or whatever browser you prefer). The interface is really user friendly...I think I prefer it to the eic app, actually.

2. If you use Tapatalk (forum browsing app), you can view all subscribed threads. The jailbreak section still isn't searchable, so this may not be ideal.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
If you're using the App Store eic app, it's because Apple wouldn't allow it in with access to the jailbreak section of the forums.

1. Access the mobile site through Safari (or whatever browser you prefer). The interface is really user friendly...I think I prefer it to the eic app, actually.

2. If you use Tapatalk (forum browsing app), you can view all subscribed threads. The jailbreak section still isn't searchable, so this may not be ideal.
When I said mobile 2, I meant via safari. The app doesn't say mobile 2 at the bottom. I know I can't read jailbreak via the app, that's why I'm on safari.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK

All sections are available via Tapatalk....subscribed or not......
A weak excuse "because Apple wouldn't allow it in with access to the jailbreak section of the forums" by EiC management for not allowing jailbreak section in app, as other forums seem to enjoy this privilege....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
All sections are available via Tapatalk....subscribed or not......
A weak excuse "because Apple wouldn't allow it in with access to the jailbreak section of the forums" by EiC management for not allowing jailbreak section in app, as other forums seem to enjoy this privilege....
Weak excuse? The admin here doesn't have any control over whether or not Apple allows the Tapatalk apps to include our jailbreak forums in their apps or not. The iCafe app couldn't pass through the app approval process until those forums were blocked from the forum lists.

Also, I just installed the 'Tapatalk Forum App' on my phone, and it doesn't allow me to view the jailbreak forums. I've tested it before and deleted it since it didn't allow it then, either. Is there another Tapatalk app out there that does allow it?