AppTapp down?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

edmartin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I have AppTapp installed but it just hangs with the rotating circle icon at the top of the screen. I also can't seem to get to the iPhone.nullriver.com web site from my PC.

Is it just down or gone?

EDIT/UPDATE: The problem is when I try to use it over WiFi. It works fine over EDGE. Any ideas on why it wouldn't work over WiFi?

trinic101

Sep 15, 2007
thanks for this post, i was about to just send my phone back to factory settings because too many things are having issues now and it sucks

i was about to try over edge but reading this post confirms it

i hope this is just a momentary glitch

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I use the edge a lot with the installer.app. I actually just tried doing an update about an hour ago and had no issues.

- Garrett

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I just tried it about five mins ago and it worked. That was odd though, all morning I couldn't get anything to work right. Like everyone else has been saying it would just lock up and stay with the spinning circle up in the top left.

Oh well, its back and isn't my phone thats all I care about.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
If it worked over EDGE but not WiFi the problem was more than likely with you WiFi connection.

As an example when I connect to a WiFi network that uses a captive portal (airport, hotel, etc.) if I don't use Safari to authenticate/agree beforehand Installer will attempt to connect but usually will fail. Sometimes it looks like it is working but won't actually be able to update any apps.

There was one time when I could not access any app on Installer. But when that happened it didn't matter whether I was on EDGE or WiFi.

--
Mike

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
If it worked over EDGE but not WiFi the problem was more than likely with you WiFi connection.

As an example when I connect to a WiFi network that uses a captive portal (airport, hotel, etc.) if I don't use Safari to authenticate/agree beforehand Installer will attempt to connect but usually will fail. Sometimes it looks like it is working but won't actually be able to update any apps.

There was one time when I could not access any app on Installer. But when that happened it didn't matter whether I was on EDGE or WiFi.

--
Mike
Mike, you're 3 hours behind me (Ohio)so right now it's 9:21am where you're at, but it shows a post from you TODAY at 4:05pm. WTH?

edit: Nevermind, as soon as I posted, all the times changed.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Mike, you're 3 hours behind me (Ohio)so right now it's 9:21am where you're at, but it shows a post from you TODAY at 4:05pm. WTH?
The times should be adjusted based on your time-zone setting. Sure you didn't change it? My post is showing a time of today at 9:05 AM, with yours at 9:16 AM. The one before mine is listed as 8:21 AM.

--
Mike