AppTapp help (rSBT), please

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I installed rSBT and it works fine except no matter how many icons I choose to be on the springboard, the same number of icons appear. I have 16 with one in the extended, but I chose 10 with 7 on the extended. Maybe I doing something wrong since I'm new to AppTapp.

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
springboard basically means its ones that the order wont change in...the other ones sometime still get jumbled up when u install something new...so changing the number in springboard doesn't mean the other ones wont show up, it just means those ones have a set place on the screen and wont move around based on what else you install...extended is other ones that may move around because they don't always have a set place on the first springboard...hope that isn't confusing..

if you only want 10 to show up on the screen, you have to choose 10 on the springboard, and put all the other ones on "invisible" or else they will still be there, but be able to shift around when new things install themselves...hope that helps.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
springboard basically means its ones that the order wont change in...the other ones sometime still get jumbled up when u install something new...so changing the number in springboard doesn't mean the other ones wont show up, it just means those ones have a set place on the screen and wont move around based on what else you install...extended is other ones that may move around because they don't always have a set place on the first springboard...hope that isn't confusing..

if you only want 10 to show up on the screen, you have to choose 10 on the springboard, and put all the other ones on "invisible" or else they will still be there, but be able to shift around when new things install themselves...hope that helps.
That sorta helps....lol....thanks!

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
That sorta helps....lol....thanks!
yeah, essentially its like this:

Springboard = Set in stone order of those icons...they wont move around.

Extended or w/e its called = they show up, and they can sometimes get jumbled around because some of them arent always on the home screen.

invisible = Duh.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Don't forget that if you are using Summerboard you can set it to skip the last row of icons. This would leave you with 12 icons on the main screen, if you prefer it that way.

It's starting to get a little odd having to use both rSBT and SMBPrefs. I have a feeling rSBT's functions will eventually get added to Summerboard (in SMBPrefs).

--
Mike