AppTapp/ibrickr?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have just a few questions, being new to modding. I would like to know if there is a benefit to having both AppTapp and ibrickr installed on the iPhone? I would also like to know is there a conflict having both programs installed on the iPhone? I have AppTapp installed right now, is that all I really need?

I have noticed that a number of apps that I have installed, through AppTapp that require a response like Yes or No, freeze the phone. I then have to do a soft reset to get the phone unfrozen. The Apps that freeze are, iFlickr, Sketches and My eBay, Apollo Messenger is also not working correctly. I also would like to know, if I do need ibrickr to further enhance my iPhone, is there a way to easily install it (like how easy it was to install AppTapp). Could you please include a link in your reply. Thanking all replies in advance...M

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I have just a few questions, being new to modding. I would like to know if there is a benefit to having both AppTapp and ibrickr installed on the iPhone? I would also like to know is there a conflict having both programs installed on the iPhone? I have AppTapp installed right now, is that all I really need?

I have noticed that a number of apps that I have installed, through AppTapp that require a response like Yes or No, freeze the phone. I then have to do a soft reset to get the phone unfrozen. The Apps that freeze are, iFlickr, Sketches and My eBay, Apollo Messenger is also not working correctly. I also would like to know, if I do need ibrickr to further enhance my iPhone, is there a way to easily install it (like how easy it was to install AppTapp). Could you please include a link in your reply. Thanking all replies in advance...M
Neither AppTap nor iBrickr are ever installed on the phone, they are just computer programs you use to access your phone and through your home computer. The only program you really need to install using AppTap or iBrickr is the program "Installer" which is an iPhone application.

So, no, having both AppTap and iBrickr on your home computer do not cause any conflicts. iBrickr is an easy install, go here, download, and it will walk you through it. If it doesn't recognize your iPhone right off, then just unplug it and plug it back in. Good luck.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX

i only have apptapp. i was told ibrickr will not work with iTunes version 7.4. i've made plenty of modifications using only apptapp including changing icons and uploading NES ROMs. all you have to do to be able to achieve the same things ibrickr does from the computer is download iShare and mobilefinder on your phone(if you haven't already).

as far as the freezing goes i haven't had much of it. except with the old summerboard but that problem has been corrected. i had iflickr on my phone but honestly i thought that application really sucked. it DID freeze my phone and was uber slow. as far as the ebay app goes i don't know anything about it.

i don't have an instant message app on my phone because i don't use instant messaging, but ive heard that mobile chat is really really good, so maybe you could give that a try and see if it works better than apollo IM.

as far as the two programs conflicting, im not sure. i'm pretty sure i know of people who use both but im sure that there are people on here that could give you a better answer about that.

i hope that helps!

falsetigerlimbs

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
i only have apptapp. i was told ibrickr will not work with iTunes version 7.4. i've made plenty of modifications using only apptapp including changing icons and uploading NES ROMs. all you have to do to be able to achieve the same things ibrickr does from the computer is download iShare and mobilefinder on your phone(if you haven't already).
Hijacking to ask a related question ;)

So to change an image on the phone, such as an icon, you would send the original image file to yourself using iShare, edit it, then download it back to your phone?
I tried sending an image to myself, but it keeps telling me that it's an invalid file type.
Do you have to create the image from scratch? I don't see how that would be possible.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
Hijacking to ask a related question ;)

So to change an image on the phone, such as an icon, you would send the original image file to yourself using iShare, edit it, then download it back to your phone?
I tried sending an image to myself, but it keeps telling me that it's an invalid file type.
Do you have to create the image from scratch? I don't see how that would be possible.
I'm at sonic right now, but as soon as I make it home I'll send you a private message with detailed instruction on how to do such things!