AR coating on camera lens?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

magermeister

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
goose creek, sc
does anyone know if thats ar coating on the 3g like on the v1 iPhone if so i remember a really old post from last yr saying to take a Q-tip and put rubbing alchol on it and rub the camera lens till you cant c the bluish tint on it. i did this on my v1 and the pics were spectacular, as well as many others beacuse over time it comes off or changes color and makes pics look bad just wondering if it is so i can get it off thanks

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
It's a 2meg Camera, a Q-Tip won't make it any better :laugh2:.

Never heard of the Q-Tip thing.

BTW, it's not the lens just a plastic cover build into the back case. The Lens it separate from that.

Autumnoel

May 17, 2008
Hollywood, FL
does anyone know if thats ar coating on the 3g like on the v1 iPhone if so i remember a really old post from last yr saying to take a Q-tip and put rubbing alchol on it and rub the camera lens till you cant c the bluish tint on it. i did this on my v1 and the pics were spectacular, as well as many others beacuse over time it comes off or changes color and makes pics look bad just wondering if it is so i can get it off thanks
I know what you're talking about. I scraped that stuff off my old lens too and the pictures came out brighter. Thankfully that gunk is not on the 3G lens.

magermeister

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
goose creek, sc
BTW, it's not the lens just a plastic cover build into the back case. The Lens it separate from that.
i know that lol but witht he v1 everyone found that if you got the bluish stuff off that plastic piece the pics came out a lot better and that same exact bluish stuff is on the 3G thats y i was asking:)