Arcade Gaming

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i know that arcades are basically dead now and most of the machines are ones where you win tickets BUT does anyone here still go?

i have a local import arcade that has a ton of imported japanese games and they just got Street Fighter 4, one of the three machines in America.

i wanted to make this topic broad even though i really just wanted to see if anyone wants to/ or has already played the new SF but i figure i would open it up to this:

1. Do you still go to arcades?
if so..
2. What are your favorite titles?
3. What are you looking forward to playing / what would you like your arcade to get

Mine
1. YES!
2. Dance Dance Revolution and Pump It Up(basically any rhythm based game), Initial D 3, Melty Blood, TETRIS, Arcana Heart 2, and basically any Street Fighter game
3. Right now i'm looking forward to playing more SF4 since it just came out last week and i have only gotten the chance to play it about 7times. I WISH my arcade would pick up Initial D 3 or the new one when it comes out but so far they haven't and i have to go somewhere else to play that.

i realize this topic might be a bust but let's just see

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
For the first time in ages, I went to Dave & Busters this weekend. I blew $$$ (mainly on drinks, a little on food and some on games).

I played a couple games, but honestly none of the arcade games seem to keep me interested anymore. I was more interested in just playing Skee-Ball, Basketball, Press The Button kind of games, etc. I play enough videogames at home....I think that is why arcade style video games have lost interest for me.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yeah i know what you're talking about but there's something about the arcade that has always appealed to me. it's very nostalgic.

i also like that when a much awaited game comes out, and there are like 20 people there it becomes very competitive. for example, when SF came out the first day there was a head count of 130 at the arcade. i went on the 2nd day and there were about 30 and i was having a great time still. its so much fun going on a streak in front of that many people.