Are 3G phones unlocked yet?

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
Okay, so I know they can be jailbroken, but has the dev team developed an unlock. I was talking with this guy yesterday, trying to tell him that 3Gs arent unlocked yet, he's telling me his classmates have unlocked 3Gs, running TMobile...I dunno

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
They have been unlocked (only a select few), but the release is not public. It will be on New Year's Eve.

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
ahh, so i should probably go ahead and buy one now. thanks

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Dude this so awesome to hear!
-I wonder what will happen to the iPhone v1s:eek: ...Cause now that the 3G is unlockable...will people still want the v1:sick:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
dude, google is your friend. the level of ignorance in this world is starting to overwhelm me!?!?!?!

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
sorry mang, i wasn't referring to you, i was referring to the OP. much love to you

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
dude, google is your friend. the level of ignorance in this world is starting to overwhelm me!?!?!?!
While the 5 threads like this we have a week do get a bit annoying, I would rather them be here than Google and land at a competing site.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
a competing site? i didn't realize this was for financial gain? i thought it was all to help each other out........

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
a competing site? i didn't realize this was for financial gain? i thought it was all to help each other out........
Well, would you like to see the membership here take a nosedive regardless? Having 5 members around here wouldn't be much fun and running people away from the site isn't exactly being helpful at all.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
if someone can't handle me telling them to post in the right section then i think they have bigger problems in life and most likely won't contribute to the welfare of this site anyways. just because i'm not all lovey dovey to every poster doesn't mean i am in the wrong. you base your argument on opinion and not fact, when you can make a logical argument come back and look me up.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
thanks for that link, i have been linked to it by several mods already though, so that was pretty much a waste of your time. if you have an issue with me feel free to pm a mod or myself, no need to clutter threads. thanks.

iSpend

Bronze
Jan 11, 2008
so...yeah, why would I google when I'm a member here and I can simply post a question? especially considering that google would lead me to all kinds of crap, as opposed to some live person on this forum answering my question directly. which is, by the way, what happened.

have some 3Gs been unlocked, sure, but my question was more about the likelihood that my classmate knew what he was talking about. after I got my response here, I asked him again if he was sure he's seen an unlocked 3G running T-Mobile...turns out he HEARD that someone had one. apparently the person unlocked it over wifi, using no actual jailbreak program. which is all BS of course, but again, I was just wondering wha...wait, why the hell am I explaining why I started the thread?