Are all iPhones getting hot?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cali

Jul 1, 2007
Hi all, my iPhone gets quite hot (top half) when I am using it.
Is this happening to all iPhone?
Overall, I Love this phone

Thanks,
Cali

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah mine does in an hour or so... only if I'm viewing youtube or calling for an hour
I would say yes. Remember that large screen has a light source, so with a lot of use, you're going to get some heat. I believe that this is normal though.

pvora2

Jul 11, 2007
I would not say it is normal. It is bad for your face for the phone to become hot. I got mine exchanged instantly at the Apple store for this reason. So you should try to take yours back.

I would say yes. Remember that large screen has a light source, so with a lot of use, you're going to get some heat. I believe that this is normal though.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Mine gets hot if I do anything pretty battery or screen-intensive for a long period of time. About 45 minutes or more.
Mine gets hot as well. I think it seems weird to me because its such a thin sleek device that when it gets warm like that i think for a sec that the damn thing is gonna blow up but My Treo used to warm up pretty well. My 8525 did not...but it was a lot fatter(beautiful device though) than the iPhone or even the Treo650. Remember the light source and battery and Processor and not necessarily any ventilation areas. Still and all. I think the slimness and sleekness of the phone makes me think its so so perfect...then it gets warm and that messes with my head. But i remember the operating temp max on this phone IS 95 degrees so I would not worry:laugh2::laugh2:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Well they did replace mine. And usually Apple doesn't replace 600 dollar items very quickly. So if you wish to get a free replacement just use this as an excuse :laugh2:
Mine doesn't get hot but the battery life is subpar. I'm way too nervous to get one with a dead pixel though. They are much more reluctant to trade for this reason.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Mine gets hot as well. I think it seems weird to me because its such a thin sleek device that when it gets warm like that i think for a sec that the damn thing is gonna blow up but My Treo used to warm up pretty well. My 8525 did not...but it was a lot fatter(beautiful device though) than the iPhone or even the Treo650. Remember the light source and battery and Processor and not necessarily any ventilation areas. Still and all. I think the slimness and sleekness of the phone makes me think its so so perfect...then it gets warm and that messes with my head. But i remember the operating temp max on this phone IS 95 degrees so I would not worry:laugh2::laugh2:
Nice post. Lots of comparing and contrasting. Helps to calm the natives. :) haha

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
my v3xx would get warm watching cellular video same with my blackjack.
Yeah....had a Galga like game on my old treo...Man it would warm up somethin fierce after a while because of the battery Im sure. Then Id be sitting there like "Duh....whys it so hot?"

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Mine only gets hot (warm really) when I'm using WiFi is some capacity... browsing the net, YouTube, etc. Connected to EDGE it doesn't get warm at all.

Sometimes on the charger it gets a little warm.

Cali

Jul 1, 2007
Well they did replace mine. And usually Apple doesn't replace 600 dollar items very quickly. So if you wish to get a free replacement just use this as an excuse :laugh2:

pvora2, did your replacement iPhone heat up as much as the first one?
Mine heats up within minutes if I am online and probably 10 mins or so when talking.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
I suspect that for the first pmonth or so they will replace anything for any reason. Especially if you bought it at the Apple Store. All of the expsenes can be written off and charged as a lauch cost. And it buys good will. They don't want news stories about how people can't return things. Not when all the media is watching right now. Wait a month or two and they will start getting stingy with the returns.

- SR

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
it's normal for it to get hot like that. I'm on my 2nd iPhone and both of them were hot after a while. Try talking on a Moto Q for over an hour. If the battery doesn't die, it will leave your face red from the heat!

tadrewcook

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Mine gets hot as well. It's a comforting warmth reminding me everytime I use my iPhone, that it's an iPhone.

I'm starting to see a comparison here. Lots of heat.

Ask A Ninja said '90's boy bands were the cause of global warming. He might want to add the iPhone in there as well. As long as it still works when the polar ice caps melt.

sickmunkeyz

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i got mine replaced yesterday at 9 pm right before the Apple store closed. the one i got now still gets pretty warm, but not like the other...made my face feel on fire.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
seems like a lot of iPhones are inconsistent . some have horrible volume , some don't , some get hot some don't , some have good battery life some don't...crazy.