Are any of you guys carrying your iPhone in your pocket with NO CASE?

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Same here. Ever since I've been using smartphones, I've always kept them in my left front pants pocket, and just made sure to keep keys, pens, coins and anything else that could scratch the phone in my other pocket.

I went to the Apple store and tried every one of the cases they had available, but I didn't like any of them enough to pull the trigger. I had a Vaja for my Treo 750 that I really liked, but so far it doesn't look like Vaja has anything other than pouch-type cases for the iPhone. I'm going to give the accessory market a little time to catch up, and hopefully I'll find something I like when there are more options available.

danielrm26

Jul 1, 2007
Yep -- tried three cases and didn't like them. I keep the device alone in my right front pocket. It's a first for me, as nothing up til this point has been slim enough to get away with it.

I'm going to do it this way for the foreseeable future. My next accessory will be the Apple bluetooth headset.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
naugh man...gotta keep it on the hip...i purchased a wallet case...and if that's not enough, i got a crystral case that i can hang around my neck...and a skin tight cover...so when i get the iPhone it's gonna be well protected...word...

goherd90

Jul 5, 2007
I purchased the CLEAR Belkin one from my local AT&T store. It really is nice as it fully encases the iPhone (except the entire front)...it has holes for all the necessary slots. Being clear it is hardly noticeable and will definitely protect the phone once WE ALL have that dreaded DROP of our phones to the pavement..ouch.....I think it was like $25 but well worth it.

Oh yeah..comes with a removeable clip and the clip actually can be positioned while on your desk so that your iPhone kind of sits like a photo frame...pretty cool

Here's the link...check it out

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=374513

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I purchased the CLEAR Belkin one from my local AT&T store. It really is nice as it fully encases the iPhone (except the entire front)...it has holes for all the necessary slots. Being clear it is hardly noticeable and will definitely protect the phone once WE ALL have that dreaded DROP of our phones to the pavement..ouch.....I think it was like $25 but well worth it.

Oh yeah..comes with a removeable clip and the clip actually can be positioned while on your desk so that your iPhone kind of sits like a photo frame...pretty cool

...word...no droppn the iPhone...

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
...word...no droppn the iPhone...
We don't even say, "Drop the iPhone...."

No case here either. I would get one, if I could just find a clip that I liked. but so far I've looked at everything available and just nothing seem right.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I was carrying my phone around with no case until today... I finally got my molded rubber InCase, its so much better than the trashy plastic Belkin one I bought at the AT&T store.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
my friend has that rubbery case that goes around the iPhone but it looks so ugly! that's why I just keep mine bare

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I've been carrying mine around in my left front jeans pocket without any case. I tried to buy the InCase cover in black yesterday, but my local Apple store was out of stock (only had red and grey) and my local AT&T store has never heard of this case.

Anyhoo, I actually switched from my normal routine of carrying my phone in my right front pocket to the left front pocket because I didn't want the coin pocket rivet on my Levi's scratching the screen :)

I'll keep searching for the black InCase protective cover.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
Everytime I buy a new gadget I buy a case that I use for about 1 day then I realize you can't fully appreciate the design when its got a case on it. I just keep it in my pocket with no other items in there. If need be I have a leather belt holster from my dash that the iPhone fits nicely in.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Everytime I buy a new gadget I buy a case that I use for about 1 day then I realize you can't fully appreciate the design when its got a case on it. I just keep it in my pocket with no other items in there. If need be I have a leather belt holster from my dash that the iPhone fits nicely in.
Same here. Did that with my last iPod, too.....

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
naugh man...gotta keep it on the hip...i purchased a wallet case...and if that's not enough, i got a crystral case that i can hang around my neck...and a skin tight cover...so when i get the iPhone it's gonna be well protected...word...

nope I'm a case guy

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Sometimes I wish I was a woman so I could carry around a purse. That way I wouldn't have to worry about the rivets on my jeans scratching my phone :(

but oh well...so many more perks being a guy overall :D

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Any time I've ever tried one of those holster/belt jobs, I find myself catching it on everything - the arm rest of my desk chair, the seat of my car, you name it.

I'll probably try an Incase in black if I can find one. Like someone in an earlier post, my local Apple store only has gray & red in stock.