Are Apple taking it too far with the tight lips about the iPhone 5?

Are Apple taking it to far with the tight lips about the iphone 5?

• Total voters

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
We have not heard anything about the iPhone5. I myself find this really annoying . Its to hush hush. Do people think Apple are taking the p1ss ?

I do !. They could at least give a wee heads up, give us a little info no ?

thoughts people ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We have not heard anything about the iPhone5. I myself find this really annoying . Its to hush hush. Do people think Apple are taking the p1ss ?

I do !. They could at least give a wee heads up, give us a little info no ?

thoughts people ?
If they announce it too soon, iPhone 4 sales will drop faster than they want. They do this every year, it's just that we're used to getting the phone in the summer rather than the fall. They typically announce it two or three weeks before it goes on sale.

Jackc95

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
Apple is known for blowing people away with their brilliant products. You shouldn't be concerned about whether or not it will be good or not.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
All good questions. Suspense works best for Apple. We just have to wait and see what Apple has planned for its 5th gen device.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
This is what they do. Get used to it.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I am both LOL
I love the surprise and anticipation. Love to speculate and think about what is coming next. (Holographic display & keyboard PLEASE)
If you knew me, you would know: I like to plan ahead ALWAYS (already bought all my sons and some of hubbies christmas presents). I really just want the date! I could plan for once maybe to camp out. I want so bad to go and hang with fellow geeks in front of Apple store for hours or even days

Jackc95

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
I am both LOL
I love the surprise and anticipation. Love to speculate and think about what is coming next. (Holographic display & keyboard PLEASE)
If you knew me, you would know: I like to plan ahead ALWAYS (already bought all my sons and some of hubbies christmas presents). I really just want the date! I could plan for once maybe to camp out. I want so bad to go and hang with fellow geeks in front of Apple store for hours or even days
What do you mean by holographic display?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I hate the hush hush only be ause I have no patience. I'm really hoping the new one will blow me away! I can't wait to see it !

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Lol. I'm thinking my prediction earlier in the year is going to be correct. No ip5 this year. But a ip4s will show up. Lololol!

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Seems pretty typical of Apple on keeping things on the DL with their new products. You either love Apple or love to hate them. I like the build up and hype and would love to see a who was right and wrong thread about all the rumors that Chris mentioned on a podcast a few months ago.

Oct 3, 2009
I think they are taking the piss. Especially as it wasn't a June launch. Hell, it's not even going to be a September launch. The iPhone 5 better be good and blow me away.
Based on the rumors....doesn't look like it will blow you away. Unless you are running a 3G. :)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I told people in April to just wait until July for the iPhone 5. They're not very happy. I find it hard to believe the iPhone 5 isn't even announced yet!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We knew in the spring that it would be a fall release this year. We also know Apple typically waits until 2-3 weeks to announce the new phone. So I don't know why anyone who spends time on iPhone forums is surprised that it still hasn't been announced.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
We knew in the spring that it would be a fall release this year. We also know Apple typically waits until 2-3 weeks to announce the new phone. So I don't know why anyone who spends time on iPhone forums is surprised that it still hasn't been announced.
Yeah i know, I just have no patience. LOL fingers crossed they will come out with news soon !.

Europa, do you think we will be waiting till next year before the iPhone5 comes out or do you think it will be out this year ?