Are iPhones shipping with latest software update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

oblong

Oct 17, 2007
Does anyone know if Apple are shipping iPhones with the latest software update already installed, or is it still up to the end user to update it themselves through iTunes?
And if they are still shipping with the older software, do we know when the latest update will come standard?

alexp003

Oct 12, 2007
Does anyone know if Apple are shipping iPhones with the latest software update already installed, or is it still up to the end user to update it themselves through iTunes?
And if they are still shipping with the older software, do we know when the latest update will come standard?
Yeah they are shipping with 1.1.1

oblong

Oct 17, 2007
I was meaning through the online store, I probably should have stipulated...
I figured that even if Apple themselves had started shipping 1.1.1, there would still be at least some shops that still had 1.0.2, but how could you tell? I realise now that it's neither here nor there, they've cracked 1.1.1 too!

alexp003

Oct 12, 2007
I was meaning through the online store, I probably should have stipulated...
I figured that even if Apple themselves had started shipping 1.1.1, there would still be at least some shops that still had 1.0.2, but how could you tell? I realise now that it's neither here nor there, they've cracked 1.1.1 too!
I see. Well I bought an iPhone from ATT two days ago and it came preloaded with 1.1.1