Are keyboard covers good?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TarekElsakka, Oct 16, 2012.

1. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Hey there

My Dad recently purchased an iPad 3 and I might be taking the iPad 1 off of him. I usually take my MacBook Pro to university but it's a bit of a pain to carry. The iPad would be great for taking notes, but at the same time I hate on-screen keyboards and am so slow using them and make a lot of errors, and I must take notes fast as the professor speaks. I am pretty fast on the MBP, so I was wondering if buying a keyboard cover would improve things and act just like a laptop's keyboard?

This is what I am looking at right now:

http://www.nefsak.com/New-iPad-Keyboard-Case-Dausen.html

However I don't know the company that sells this case and 55 USD seems like a lot of money for it. Does any body know a good company/site that sells it for a decent price and has had good experience with it?

Thank you

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I haven't used one myself, but I've heard that Bluetooth keyboards work great with the iPad. That price sounds about right.

3. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I wish my Apple Keyboard was Bluetooth rather than USB, it certainly would have made my life easier. Thanks, Mindi, I might just go try it at the store before I purchase it.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You're welcome. Some wired keyboards work with the iPad via the USB port on iPad Camera Kit, which is $29, but it doesn't sound like Apple's wired keyboard does, so a Bluetooth keyboard is probably your best bet.

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Check out eBay or Amazon. There are a lot of good BT keyboard cases out there for decent prices. If you do a lot of typing with your iPad this certainly would be a good investment.

6. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Great, thanks a lot. Yeah, if I do take it from him and start using it in university to take notes, then I am going to be doing a heck of a lot of typing and will most definitely need a keyboard cover. I saw a keyboard for the Samsung Galaxy Tab yesterday that resembled a Bluetooth Apple Keyboard (also white and slim) and it had a space on top for the tab to sit, is there something like that for an iPad? Not an actual cover but a keyboard with a dock on top for the iPad to sit?