Are keyboard covers good?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Hey there

My Dad recently purchased an iPad 3 and I might be taking the iPad 1 off of him. I usually take my MacBook Pro to university but it's a bit of a pain to carry. The iPad would be great for taking notes, but at the same time I hate on-screen keyboards and am so slow using them and make a lot of errors, and I must take notes fast as the professor speaks. I am pretty fast on the MBP, so I was wondering if buying a keyboard cover would improve things and act just like a laptop's keyboard?

This is what I am looking at right now:

http://www.nefsak.com/New-iPad-Keyboard-Case-Dausen.html

However I don't know the company that sells this case and 55 USD seems like a lot of money for it. Does any body know a good company/site that sells it for a decent price and has had good experience with it?

Thank you

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I haven't used one myself, but I've heard that Bluetooth keyboards work great with the iPad. That price sounds about right.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I wish my Apple Keyboard was Bluetooth rather than USB, it certainly would have made my life easier. Thanks, Mindi, I might just go try it at the store before I purchase it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wish my Apple Keyboard was Bluetooth rather than USB, it certainly would have made my life easier. Thanks, Mindi, I might just go try it at the store before I purchase it.
You're welcome. Some wired keyboards work with the iPad via the USB port on iPad Camera Kit, which is $29, but it doesn't sound like Apple's wired keyboard does, so a Bluetooth keyboard is probably your best bet.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Check out eBay or Amazon. There are a lot of good BT keyboard cases out there for decent prices. If you do a lot of typing with your iPad this certainly would be a good investment.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Great, thanks a lot. Yeah, if I do take it from him and start using it in university to take notes, then I am going to be doing a heck of a lot of typing and will most definitely need a keyboard cover. I saw a keyboard for the Samsung Galaxy Tab yesterday that resembled a Bluetooth Apple Keyboard (also white and slim) and it had a space on top for the tab to sit, is there something like that for an iPad? Not an actual cover but a keyboard with a dock on top for the iPad to sit?