Are my iPhones eligible for unlock to work with any carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by Danny Biz, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Danny Biz

Danny Biz New Member

Hey Guys, I have 2 iPhones 3gs and I am confused which one is eligible for iPad baseband update and which one is not. It is very confusing for me to tell by just serial numbers, I don't quite get it. Here is the serial numbers of the 2 iPhones:
    • iPhone 1: Serail Number: 85943H....... iPhone 2: Serial Number : 87012E........
    Can someone please tell me which one is eligible for the iPad baseband update? iPhone 1, is jailbroken and Cydia is installed but I am unable ton unlock it so that it can support my carrier. It is running iOS 5.1.1 with a modem firmware of 05.16.05 * I tried the method of v.backspace but it did not work, I also tried Ultrasn0w but it did not work and the Ultrasn0w fixer that I got on Cydia is for iOS 6. can you suggest me what I can as long as I am also afraid to update the iPad baseband for these iPhone? iPhone 2, This one is also jailbroken running iOS 5.0.1 with a Tethered jailbreak by Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4. after setting it I was afraid that the installed iPad baseband (6.15.00) is going to ruin my phone and I immediately downgraded the iPad baseband and after it was stuck into dfu mode, I tried to Just Boot Tethered and it was working again. when I removed the sim card it turned off. I tried to reboot it again using a tethered boot but no luck. I tried to restore it using iTunes with custom ipws and Apple store ipws but no luck. now when I boot it with a Tethered boot of Redsn0w it gets stuck on a white screen and return into dfu mode after a while. * What can I do for this one? I learned about Corona that convert Tethered jailbreak into untethered after that my phone was no longer working. I hope someone there can help! Thanks, :)

2. Danny Biz

Danny Biz New Member

Can someone please tell me which one is eligible for the iPad baseband update?​

• iPhone 1, is jailbroken and Cydia is installed but I am unable to unlock it so that it can support my carrier. It is running iOS 5.1.1 with a modem firmware of 05.16.05 * I tried the method of v.backspace but it did not work, I also tried Ultrasn0w but it did not work and the Ultrasn0w fixer that I got on Cydia is for iOS 6. can you suggest me what I can as long as I am also afraid to update the iPad baseband for these iPhone?
    • iPhone 2, This one is also jailbroken running iOS 5.0.1 with a Tethered jailbreak by Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4. after setting it I was afraid that the installed iPad baseband (6.15.00) is going to ruin my phone and I immediately downgraded the iPad baseband and after it was stuck into dfu mode, I tried to Just Boot Tethered and it was working again. when I removed the sim card it turned off. I tried to reboot it again using a tethered boot but no luck. I tried to restore it using iTunes with custom ipws and Apple store ipws but no luck. now when I boot it with a Tethered boot of Redsn0w it gets stuck on a white screen and return into dfu mode after a while. * What can I do for this one? I learned about Corona that convert Tethered jailbreak into untethered after that my phone was no longer working. I hope someone there can help! Thanks,:)