Are new MacBooks getting released anytime soon?

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I'm going to buy a MacBook this summer before heading off to college in August. Is there any chance that a new MacBook will be released in the next few months? I don't want to buy one now if a new one is coming out soon (like with the iPhone). I don't follow any rumors about Macs, so I just wanted to check here. I'm excited about buying my first Mac, I've used a PC all my life. Thanks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
there have been rumors of a macbook refresh, but nothing at all worth basing a decision on, imo. They were all just updated in Feb/March, so they're still new in their lifespan. Also, today was the WWDC (a big event for Apple developers), and there was no mention of ANY Mac products at all.

So i say go for it. I switched earlier this year, and haven't looked back.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oh yeah I forgot about the rumors of Jobs changing the MacBooks again. I would say if you want it then go ahead and get it as it seems unlikely another change will occur soon.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
What do you mean by change?
-Like a new design
-More memory/specs?

Im gonna buy a MacBook, cause Ive heard from many forumers that the MBAir is garbage!
-haha! Well not exactly garbage but ya kno, not really worth the loss of a dvd-rom drive, and the constant forage/defect of dead pixels?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Had mine for about 3 months now and have a PC sitting on a desk collecting dust. The difference is like night and day. You won't regret it.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Why is there always leaked pictures of the new iPhones, but never any discussed on here of new MacBooks? Just a thought...

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Why is there always leaked pictures of the new iPhones, but never any discussed on here of new MacBooks? Just a thought...
Because half, if not more, of the users here are Windows PC users with iPhones, and so there are not many Apple 'fanboys' like us to share photos of new hardware. Also combined with the fact that this is an iPhone forum. :p lol

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
maybe because there aren't any new MacBooks being released soon?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Because half, if not more, of the users here are Windows PC users with iPhones, and so there are not many Apple 'fanboys' like us to share photos of new hardware. Also combined with the fact that this is an iPhone forum. :p lol
Yeah, but there is a section for MacBook and stuff...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This is an iPhone forum.. go take a peek at MacBook forums. They'll have stuff.

- John

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Does anyone have confirmation whether or not Apple will be releasing a new line of MacBooks and/or MacBook Pros anytime soon?

-Thanks!

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Does anyone have confirmation whether or not Apple will be releasing a new line of MacBooks and/or MacBook Pros anytime soon?

-Thanks!
No confirmation from Apple, but as I'm sure you've seen all over the internet - I refresh is expected in September (presumably after the student discount ends).

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I went ahead and purchased now. I'm thinking that the new Macbooks will be mainly cosmetic changes, with a small performance upgrade. I doubt prices will come down. I sold my Touch that was free for $200 and got a free printer. So...got the upgraded white Macbook for $1099 out the door with a printer! Not a bad deal on a great machine! Don't think that deal would be possible after the new ones release.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
the new ones may have blue ray if that is important to you. Also they will probably have the multitouch mouse pad like the air. maybe an aluminum casing? (at a premium price), more ports, backlit/glowing keyboard, software will be identical. Bestbuy is running some sales now to clear stock, another indication that new macbooks are coming out... someone put a post up about it here.

Again I just speculated, I have no confirmation, maybe it is just my wishlist.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
If you always wait for the next great update, you'll always be waiting.

Enjoy it now. (although when all signs are pointing to an announcement at a specific date, you can do no harm just to hang around for another week and a half to see what it is...unless the harm is that the prices go up and you can't get the old stock anymore)

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
The price was exactly my concern. The great deal I got goes bye-bye & I can't afford the new prices. The hardware upgrades wouldn't be enough to warrant me waiting. ...and I like the white casing anyway!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
well the prices most likely won't go up, and I remember reading a rumor that Apple is planning on dropont their prices, so it's possible that you could get the new one for the same price (or close to) the same deal you got on the old one.