Are the home-page icons dynamic?

nigwil

Jun 21, 2007
The Calendar icon has appeared with different day name and number (either Monday 21 or Friday 29 in different photos and videos). The Clock icon does not appear to show the current time which appears at the top of the screen.

Do home-page icons update their content dynamically? Aside from those that have the red bubble which indicates a content count (mail message count, text message count, missed call count etc).

I suppose the choice between dynamic and static icons is a trade-off between user-interface stability and the amount of information available at-a-glance. I think Apple could have chosen to make icons display dynamic content: Weather icon showing the current temperature, Clock icon showing the current time in analog format, Calendar icon showing the current date; at least without causing the icons to change too dramatically in appearance and confusing new users.

Maybe a future software update...

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
The Calendar icon has appeared with different day name and number (either Monday 21 or Friday 29 in different photos and videos). The Clock icon does not appear to show the current time which appears at the top of the screen.

Do home-page icons update their content dynamically? Aside from those that have the red bubble which indicates a content count (mail message count, text message count, missed call count etc).

I suppose the choice between dynamic and static icons is a trade-off between user-interface stability and the amount of information available at-a-glance. I think Apple could have chosen to make icons display dynamic content: Weather icon showing the current temperature, Clock icon showing the current time in analog format, Calendar icon showing the current date; at least without causing the icons to change too dramatically in appearance and confusing new users.

Maybe a future software update...
Good question anyone know an answer?

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I don't really have a sense for the size to know if there is really enough room to convey that kind of information on the icons effectively, but if they could I think it would be pretty cool.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Yes. They are dynamic. I think Kolizion said so or something. Either that or I read it somewhere. I am like 80% positive.