Are the music previews gone? The 60- or 90-second clips on iTunes?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Rafagon, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I’m interested in buying some tracks off this album.

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.17.53 PM.png

But when I try to preview the song to listen to the first 60 or 90 seconds of it, as was previously possible, now it seems to require an Apple Music subscription.

Are the 60- and/or 90-second music previews no longer accessible unless one has an Apple Music subscription?

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just tried another, more mainstream artist and got the same feces. Can someone confirm that those 60- and/or 90-second clips of songs are completely inaccessible to those without an Apple Music subscription?

If this is so, then I’ll be using my Firefox add-on to capture .mp3 and/or .mp4 versions of songs/music videos via youTube from now on. iTunes can go to Hell.

3. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I noticed this a couple days ago too. They've apparently replaced the ability to preview songs with an offer to sign up for Apple Music. Boo hiss Apple. :rolleyes:

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

They can kiss my behind. For anyone who wants to capture .mp3 or .mp4 versions of any song or video on YouTube, here’s the link to the browser extension that accomplishes that (available for Firefox and Chrome). And yes, this is totally legal.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I found out how to hear the previews, at least on iOS. One has to use the iTunes Store app instead of the Music app.

Whew! What a relief!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That's how I've done since way back.
    When I still got the "radio stations" in the music app, I checked songs out and added to the wish list. But since I don't subscribe to Apple Music, no radio stations.